Sign in to follow this  

ATC Question

I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem with Air Traffic Control. I have loaded a couple of flights lately, one leaving Salt Lake International, the other leaving San Diego Lindbergh. Soon after takeoff when I am supposed to transition to a certain departure frequency, I am not able to transition to it. What I have had to do was go back to the tower frequency, then go to transition to class D airspace. Once I do this, and then clear the airspace, I am able to transition to the departure frequency, and everything seems normal for the rest of the flight. If I do not do this I will not have any contact with ATC for the rest of my flight, until I ask for clearance at the airport I am going to land at. This does not happen to all of my saved flights, so far I have noticed it just on these two. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

that means you're on a VFR flightplanto be IFT,be sure to check the "IFR" box when you create a flightplan in FS

Guest 727Fan

I've had the same thing happen to me out of Salt Lake too. But it happened out of other airports too.Seems it happens when 2 messages from ATC come in one after the other, and before you can respond to the 1st, the 2nd arrives.I don't recall the exact messages or requests from ATC. I do know that I have to recall the Tower, get Class D clearance, then clear, then call DepartureApproach for "Flight Following."Perhaps just one more of the little nuances that simmers have endured, yet overcome.Rick

Rick,Thanks for the response. I guess it's just another one of the ATC quirks.