Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

Can't download files.

Since yesterday night I have not been able to d/l files from Avsim. I click on download, and the bar comes up but it takes FOREVER to load, and when it does I get a disconnected from Avsim server message, and have to reopen my browser. Can anyone tell me whats going on?

Just restarted, lowered my internet security, added avsim and ftp.avsim to my trusted sites list, deleted all cookies and temporary internet files. Still doesn't work.

Sorry for the lack of a speedy reply... You need to give "trusted site" status to:ftp.avsim.comANDlibrary.avsim.netand make sure that your fire wall and browser allow both of them. Otherwise, you won't be successful in downloading.

Ok its for sure something wrong with my PC, tried d/l from another PC in my house and it worked fine.

Hmm, I just got this wild idea. I'm going to switch the connection ports on my router, it might be that, worth a shot.

Had this PC since April, I haven't changed anything with my connection since then either.

Ok that didn't work, same problem. Would a windows update do it? I didn't install anything on the day I remember this problem starting.Just system restored up to a day before the problem arose, no effect on it. Checked on Windows Update, nothing new installed since June.