Sign in to follow this  
Guest iflyskyhawks

Wheel Pants on 172S Skyhawk

Is there a mod to add, or add-on 172S aircraft with wheel pants,like the new factory Skyhawks?Dennis Mitchell

I have asked several times Dennis, and no one has taken on the project. Im not a designer, or it wouldve already been done. I guess the bad part is you have to build a new model from scratch because I dont think you can decompile the MS version and add them in Gmax. I have been wanting an S model with wheel pants since the first day FS2002 was released.Craig

Guest iflyskyhawks

>I have asked several times Dennis, and no one has taken on >the project. Im not a designer, or it wouldve already been >done. I guess the bad part is you have to build a new model >from scratch because I dont think you can decompile the MS >version and add them in Gmax. I have been wanting an S model >with wheel pants since the first day FS2002 was released. >>Craig I echo your sentiments. With all of the awesome texture artists out there, I'm surprised that we have seen very little in the way of repaints for the default Skyhawk SP. A good start would be adding wheel pants and new textures to reflect Cessna's authetic paint schemes for the C172S series (as it is, the default Skyhawk in MS2002 sports the C172R paint scheme).

Those Carenado models look great, but that is an older M or N model with the landing and taxi lights below the spinner as opposed to up on the left wing on the S models. For the model your pic is supposed to represent, that looks like an outstanding piece of work.Craig

It's excellent. Panel is a bit big but you get used to that quickly.It's an older FS2000 model of course, but works pretty well.

Guest iflyskyhawks

I own the Carenado Skyhawk - she's a beauty! One big problem is that it doesn't have a virtual cockpit. I know the RealAir folks were working on a new Skyhawk SP flight model and possibly some liveries as well (a project for a flight school, I believe). Hopefully that project hasn't been mothballed.DreamFleet's Cardinal provides some degree of appeasement for me but since I spend so much time in the SP, I just wish someone out there would do an update to the textures. That way I can go from the real thing to the sim thing with the highest degree of eye candy realism! I'm also using Ron Freimuth's latest flight model which is excellent.In addition, someone created a beautiful Embry-Riddle Skyhawk repaint that I also use for "variety" during my sim flights.

These are the two S models that I regularly fly, 15B being a much nicer aircraft with a KLN94, MFD and 2 axis autopilot with approach function.http://www.exec1aviation.com/fleet/91.htmhttp://www.exec1aviation.com/fleet/96.htmI downloaded a DF copy of an S model with the older SP paint scheme, but the exterior paint job was so terrible I took it off my system. I dont know if its just a tough paint job to do, but with some of the work I see in the screenshots forum, there is some real talent to complete the job.Craig

Guest iflyskyhawks

I did most of my training in late model Skyhawk SP's:http://www.noticetoairmen.com/photos/showp...sort=1&thecat=1http://www.noticetoairmen.com/checkride.htmThe older DF model you are referring to was designed for FS2000 and, at the time, it was SUPERB!! We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that someone out there decides to tackle this. Someone did for FLY II - I have repaints for FLY II of both the new SP paintjob and the 2000 Millenium edition paintjob as well - both with wheelpants.