Sign in to follow this  
Randall

FDC vs. FSHotseat

Anybody experienced with both of these. I've used S-Combo and the FsHotseat demo--leaning towards FDC because of better voices. What do you think? Which one adds the most to FS2002?

jerrycwo4I only have FDC and love it. I use it every flight and their are many, many things that you can 'set' in it.jerry

Thanks for the response. Based on what I've read, I suspect most users would side with FDC. My hat goes off to the developers of both programs as they both are truly creative. Has anybody else formed an opinion yet?

what is FDC and where can I download it?Kilstorm

I've been using FDC and like it. I've also had some problems getting everything to work correctly, however.One of the main differences I've noticed between the two programs is that the checklists in FDC are configurable. You have a list of items that you can include or exclude from each checklist. You can arrange the order in which the items are called and you can also choose from different responses for the item being called. For example "Autopilot. Set and checked" or "Autopilot. On" etc. Very nice. With FSHotSeat, as far as I can tell, there is no way to configure the checklists...you have to take what the program decides to give you.On thing that FSHotSeat has that FDC doesn't is a pilot rating system. This is something I have little interest in myself, but others may like it. Then of course there's the issue of the voices in FSHotSeat. I'm not that fussy and I don't mind the artificial voices as long as they're intelligible. I found that in FSHotSeat, however, they sometimes border on the unintelligible.Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]MyTraffic/Radar Contact/FSMeteo/FSSE/FSassist/FDCHorizon Flights--flight plans and scenery for FS2002http://sidneyschwartz.homestead.com/index.html

Guest Stamatis

Hi Sid,Are the voices used in FDG real pilot voices, recorded in the flight deck?Stamatis

Guest Stamatis

Real what? Real voices, or real pilot voices in the cockpit?Reason I ask is I have found it makes quite a difference in the "ambiance"... (Stop thinking about RC now! :-) )Stamatis

They are definitely real people, but I want to say that, like the freeware S-Combo by the same author, they are not really in a cockpit. Marc

Guest paulri

They are not real pilot voices recorded in the cockpit. But they are real people recording them and some of them are real pilots. You might also want to check out the FDC forum here at Avsim, many questions can be answered there or already have been answered there. Regards,PaulFDC Team Member.

Thanks for the responses. I started the thread and well, I ordered FDC this morning! Thanks again.