Sign in to follow this  

EKO, Lear 35 panel at FFS...

Guest SoarPics

Hi David,Indeed...I checked their site, and Jorge's panel is listed in the "Free Downloads" section.Hopefully Jorge is onboard with all this.Regards,

Guest eko

Heh...This is news to me. :-)I made some comments in this thread regarding that product:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/16959.htmlI hope everybody can see the irony in this situation as well as I can, and I hope it brings them a good chuckle, or two.I certainly hope my panel is NOT the panel they say they were going to release... gawd, that would be embarrasing. My take is they are probably just making mine available as a stop gap measure until they finish theirs.At least, they are including all the documentation with it (including the 'this file was downloaded from AVSIM notice' LOL!), but they don't mention my name anywhere on the panel download page. AT LEAST they credited Ray and Jim and Eric in the blurb next to the panel... if they hadn't done that, THEN I would be upset!I placed no restrictions in the documentation regarding redistribution, so I have no problems with them making it available at their site. STILL, an e-mail letting me know they were going to do it, or at least putting my name in the web page credits would have been nice, don't ya think? A little common courtesy?Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea about this.Aside from a little pang of "why didn't they put my name in a BLINK tag at the top of the panel page?", I really won't complain too much about it. It's free, and for everyone to enjoy.I STILL don't understand why somebody would pay $10 for a GMAX model, when the FFG one is pretty darn nice and totally free. But hey, maybe that's why they didn't ask me for permission to put the panel on their page! LOL!

Guest SoarPics

Sorry to hear this, Jorge.It certainly would have been nice if they had at least asked you first. Granted there are some nice freeware Lears out there... so those who buy this one are merely contributing money to FFS.In the future I believe I'll pass on FFS products. I don't care to do business with any company who treats the community this way... especially freeware authors.Never ceases to amaze me how much gall some folks have.Here's to your fine efforts :-beerchug Regards,

Guest eko

Thx for the kind words. Appreciated as always.You know, I'm so relaxed and easy going about this whole hobby that I don't really mind that they didn't ask me. I'm a pretty big proponent of sharing and keeping things free with as little strings attached as possible.However, if you're not going to ask somebody for permission, at least have the common courtesy to mention them in the download blurb. This, to me, would be the civilized and 'classy' thing to do.(Do not use reverse logic to read anything into that last sentence! Don't do it! Don't!) :-) :-) :-)

Guest eko

Ooops... double post. My apologies. Wonky browser day. :-)

EKO,They must have had a change of heart. The following appears on the download page itself (note last sentence) as of a few minutes ago."This is an update of Ray Penningtons and Jim Turners Learjet panel for FS2002. Includes Eric Marcianos RADAR gauge. Full interior bitmaps included. Different config options for the panelare possible by simply modifying some panel.cfg lines. There are many different combinations which you can easily setup, including a brown or blue version of the panel. Instructions and documentation are included. Designed by Jorge 'eko' Salas."Stan V.

Guest Edam

I use that panel with the 421C. Yes, I know that it's for a jet, but I like having everything on one panel without having to click here and click there to bring them up.

Guest UweR

Big brother is watching you...I guess they (FFS) listened, the file is now described in detail, with credits to Jorge.Regards, Uwe

Guest eko

Edam, I'm so glad you like my "all in one" philosophy for panels. :-)I am definately a "try to get as much in the main window" kinda guy. Don't get me wrong, I like popup windows with instruments (and most of the time they are unavoidable), and they offer the benefits of moving them to a second monitor... but, since I don't sim with a second monitor, this isn't as big an issue for me. The Learjet 35 panel actually has a few popups, but I try to blend them into the main panel as seamlessly as possible whenever I can.Ok, enough of the diatribe.I'm glad to see they adjusted the blurb on the panel download. Good for them! They just won some major brownie points from me! :-) At least they are showing they are a reputable and honest bunch... these kind of actions always speaks volumes about the integrity of a company. I wish them well.I'm kinda looking forward to see what their Lear35 panel will look like now. :-) (Heck, I'll even volunteer to beta test if they are reading this.)Once they get a good custom panel and matching VC in that bird, I may change my tune about it. :-)

Okay, after a few days of seeing what was being said about Flight Factory-Simulations, I decided to come out of the woodwork and see what simmers were saying about us. Come to notice, people were upset with the fact that we had placed Eko's panel on our website and had wondered if we had asked for his permission. In fact, that was one of the two major things that WE DID NOT DO. And unfortunatley for us, FFS took a major hit.We contacted Eko and gave him a formal apoligy for our actions. Typically, the carnal rule is, if you are going to host someone elses work on your site, at least ask for permission! And that is something that we completely overlooked. And we regret not thinking about the proper procedure for doing something like this.I am not going to strech this into a novel, however, Flight Factory-Simulations is not afraid to admit it's wrong doings! In fact, if I wouldn't have been told about this being here in the forum, I would have never known. So I contacted Eko about the situation, and we concluded that there was no real harm done, and proper credit was now listed on our site.Now, Flight Factory-Simulations wants the sim community to know that it is sorry for its wrong doing. We in no way tried to avoid, or insult Eko by posting his panel on our website. We wanted this to be a temporary fix until we released our Lear 35 panel. We simply overlooked the must do list in order to post anything other than our own software on our site. We hope that the sim community understands and accepts our apoligies, especially Eko! We want to continue to develope aircraft the way the sim public wants it. And with the first release, we have learned a lot! The do's and dont's, if you will. Eko is allowing us to keep the panel on our website. We are thankful for that! And we support & respect every developer out in the sim community. Heck, we are develpoers to. And I certainly would react to the sim public if anyone did this to us. So we understand, and so does Eko.With that being said, thanks again Eko for allowing us to keep the panel on our site until we get ours up. It is a great panel! K. RauFFS President