Sign in to follow this  
VS0

I know this is a random one but it could work

The aerosoft twin otter both floats and wheels in fedex livery or another major cargo operator such as UPS or DHL its a strange idea but a bit of bush cargo flying could be quite fun.Wheels and Floats would be excellent as you could do cargo runs in alaska in a float plane.Just a thought.Richy

Guest Bill_M

Richy, Premier Aircraft Designs (PAD) http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/premaircraft/home.htmhas an excellent Twin Otter. I have uploaded textures for the PAD TwOtter for Bush Flying Unlimited. If you would like, I could do a FedEx livery for PAD's TwOtter. I never got around to buying a TwOtter since PAD has produced such excellent freeware versions.Something to think about. Bill

i would be very grateful if you could do a fedex livery for the PAD aircraft it looks very very good and so do all their other aircraft thanks for introducing me to a very good aircraft designer.Richy

Guest Bill_M

Richy,I checked on Airliners.net and FedEx only uses jets itself and none of the FedEx feeders use the Dash 8. If you want I will do a FedEx feeder livery for one of the associated carriers. They use the ASR-42 & 72. Anyhow If you wish I think I can do one for the Dash 8. Please confirm.RegardsBill

whats the ASR? is this the atr? and if you were to do a fedex livery for the asr what model would you use?and when you say "dash 8" do you mean twotter?ThanksRichy

Guest Bill_M

Sorry, Richy. I meant to write ATR-42 instead of ASR. "Dash 8" refers to the DeHavilland Canada DHC-8 series of twin turboprop airliners. PAD has the 100/200 and 300 series models on their site. FedEX Express uses ATR-42s but I could do a FedEx livery for the Dash 8 is you wanted.Now, if you just want to do some bush flying why not look into Bush Flying Unlimited? Their site is hosted here at AvSim and the URL is: http://avsim.com/bfu/index.html.BFU flies the Twin Otter among many others. I did a BFU livery for the latest rev of PAD's Twin Otter and it is available here on AvSim. Over on the BFU forum they have missions to fly and everything. BFU are the guys who go just about anywhere. I like Alaska but I also like flying in the Carribean. They even have bases in New Zealand and other places besides Alaska and Canada. Check them out.L8R.Bill

i will look into BFU thanks for the link.I guess the repaints arent necessary anymore ill just keep practicing flying and hopefully repainting.Thanks for all the helps and linksRichy

Is it possible you can paint a feex feeder livery of the FREE atr for fsx on avsim please?Its the top atr on the page when you search "atr" in the fsx original aircraft section i believe it is called the denmark package.If you cannot repaint this aircraft dont worry.Richy

Guest Bill_M

Sorry, Richy, no can do. I'm not running FSX - don't have the horsepower for it. I say the bird you want but I'm not sure there is an FS9 version of it and w/o being able to bring it up in FS I cannot check the matchup of textures side to side etc. Sorry.Bill

oh ok sorry to bother youRichy

Guest Bill_M

>oh ok sorry to bother you>RichyIt was no bother, my friend. Sorry I could not be of more assistance. BTW, how're you doing with bush flying for BFU? Have you read some of the pireps? Interesting stuff.Bill

Yes i have been on the site a few times and it is all looking extremely good. I cant wait to start bush flying again.Thanks for all the helpRichy