Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE -- Overland 737 United Airlines Livery

-700,-800,-900, Old Colors, New Colors I don't even care which one, but my VA assigns me many flights along certain routes that use United 737s and there's not a single UA to be had. I've been looking for well over a year and finally tried to do it myself, but I really can't -- I am just NFG at AC painting. A newer painter volunteered, but then had to leave due to real life issues.There are a LOT of a319s, a320s, 777s, 747s, etc, but not ONE Simmer's Sky 737 (yes, I know why). The paint kit can even be downloaded from their website from their website. Boo - hoo - hoo - hoooooooo. *Sniff*. :-)Thank you!

Guest lgvpilot1

I could send you a copy of the paint kit if you like.Its about 35,000kb but it contains all three variants in psd format Mark

Thanks, Mark. I have the paint kit -- but I've never been able to figure out how to draw curved lines with Photshop Elements or GIMP -- and I've spent hours trying. :-mad I'm a panel guy, not a painter, I guess.

Guest lgvpilot1

Ah!!! Curved lines Its no wonder so many people cut and paste :-hah I take it you have looked at the various painting tutorial sites that are available, if not I fully recommend Morgan Dainows sitehttp://members.lycos.co.uk/mcwdainow/It has a great section dedicated to the dreaded curve I can honestly say that since i found that site I rarely download repaints any more .If you can create your own panels then Im pretty sure you could come up with some good repaints after reading this site .Good luck Mark

Thanks, Mark. I have seen that one -- I'll give it another read.I guess this means I need to try again - never say die, eh? :)

Guest lgvpilot1

Been having a play with it myself trying to find the right colours.Could'nt find any 737_800s to reference , but some time thats half the fun:-lol Mark

Now I know why I couldn't one that website Mark -- Photoshop Elements doesn't support paths any more. :-fume As I recall, United got rid of most of their 737s in favor of their new A319s and 320s in the late 90s and early 2000s, right? But it 's still required on quite a few runs I make for my VA. I try to fly the correct liveries, but if I can't find one I can't find one. I've been using POSKYs 737, but I don't much like that one -- tough to stop! :)

Guest lgvpilot1

Well I will keep playing with this one and see if i cant get the colours right to begin with .If i can get it some where near i will send it to you if you like complete with the psds so you can alter it to suit , ie tail number and the like .Markhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193743.jpg

Mark, that's GREAT! Thank you so much. I'm IMing you with my email address -- please send the .psd file too!Anything I can do in return? Need any panel customizations?Thank you again ! At last! :-jumpy