Sign in to follow this  
Guest Darren Howie

Anyone got the CIVA INS installed with the Concorde yet?

Guest NormanB

>Boy, with a reply like that, you're leaving a big share of>customers out in the dark. Hopefully you will reconsider this>in the future. A full featured, working INS would be great.>>JohnJohn,You are of course entitled to your opinion. Please remember that we have to cater for many levels of user and that in order to keep costs affordable some things may not meet your expectation whilst exceed that of many others.As has been shown, there is a way to impliment the CIVA INS albeit I have to say that the one coupled with the Concorde (and this is my personal opinion!) is more than suffice; certainly for my needs.

i've just put the civa ins and the WX500 and have preserved the PSS INS so i can see de distances to next wpt but have a problem with the power for the civa ins, i can set them to align and to nav when on ground but when airbone the BAT light comes on telling me that they are working with their own batteries and after 20 minutes more or less they run out of bat, and switch off. I've read all the manual of the civa ins but can't find a solution. Can you help me?ThanksPedro Bascones

Guest FabHETRU

I'd be very pleased to receive it too ! Thanksfabrice.hetru@tele2.fr

Guest CX330_CPA Virtual

You have to find out from C-IV-A developers (CIVA stands for Carusel Model IV-A not just CIVA :-) sorry i had to do it and don't get offended) which electrical bus Delco INS is using to get energized. Then make sure this bus is closed while you fly. Don't forget to let us know which is it.EugenePSS FDE

Guest lbb

Hi guys,Bought the Concorde yesterday evening, made half a flight using the tutorial. Today, my second flight, I completed a realtime flight EGLL-KJFK, using the Concorde INS. It seems to me that it is very close to the real thing and what's good enough for RW Concorde pilots is good enough for me :-)In fact, I'm quite happy that as a standard INS it was decided to include this custom-made one, rather than anything off the shelf.However, could someone enlighten me and explain what extras the CIVA has to offer since I'm not familiar with it.Thanks,Leo Bakker

>You have to find out from C-IV-A developers (CIVA stands for>Carusel Model IV-A not just CIVA :-) sorry i had to do it and>don't get offended) which electrical bus Delco INS is using to>get energized. >>Then make sure this bus is closed while you fly. Don't forget>to let us know which is it.>>Eugene>PSS FDEWell, first sorry for my mistake, second thanks for your answer, i've just registered to his forum and waiting for an answer but could you explain to me what bus do you mean: AC ESS bus, TRU switch, or main AC bus?Thanks in advancePedro Bascones

Guest bibendum

Hi Somebody can post pictures with Civa INS installed ? Thanks

Guest Darren Howie

Hi LeoDon't mean to burst your bubble but the PSS INS is only a sim of an INS which is failure proof,drift proof and does not require alignment.The CIVA INS is pretty well an exact sim of a real INS.It also allows triple mixing where multiple INS's work together like in the Concorde to provide a more accurate position.It allows for DME updating to refine your position once underway.It also includes failures and a full and complete warning system.Before use it requires full alignment and position programming like the real deal.It is one of the best addons ever for FS and its free.Check out the manuals and you will soon see why everyone uses the CIVA INS for a true simulation of the INS.Its so good i was using the real thing in one of our 743 sims within 10mins at the sim centre some months ago.Darren Howie

Guest lbb

Hi Darren,Well, I must admit that as a user of PS1 and PIC767 I did wonder about the rapid alignment on Concorde :-)However, what I mean is that I have seem sims in the past where the INS was giving a lot of trouble and this one works like a charm and is completely adequate for its job.But you've managed to make me curious, I will certain look into the CIVA. Thanks for the info!Leo Bakker

On Mon Nov-22-04 06:13 PM i posted:"i've just put the civa ins but preserved the PSS INS so i can see de distances to next wpt but have a problem with the power for the civa ins, i can set them to align and to nav when on ground but when airbone the BAT light comes on telling me that they are working with their own batteries and after 20 minutes more or less they run out of bat, and switch off. I've read all the manual of the civa ins but can't find a solution. Can you help me?ThanksPedro Bascones"Then i got this answer from Eugene:"You have to find out from C-IV-A developers (CIVA stands for Carusel Model IV-A not just CIVA sorry i had to do it and don't get offended) which electrical bus Delco INS is using to get energized. Then make sure this bus is closed while you fly. Don't forget to let us know which is it.EugenePSS FDE"After this i got in contact with Gianfranco Corrias one of the two developers for :"Delco Crousel IV-A" as Eugene says, and got this answer from Gianfranco:"Pedro close the generators of your Concorde before leaving the ramp!!!Gianfranco"And here is where i need any help because i've tryied everything and don't get it. What does he mean with closing ALL the generators, if done i loose all the power in the plane. Only once GOT TO WORK but i was messing around so much with the bottoms of CSD1, GEN1, AC MAIN BUS SWITCH that i don't know exactly what i did and since then never more. I'm in love with this plane more even that i was with the Airbus and very pleased with your support so please try to help me with this electrical panel in the concorde. In the meanwhile i am asking again to Gianfranco for more help.I think that as you can see in this forum, there are a lot of people interested in putting the CIVA INS to make a wonderfull product a little bit better (more "realistic" would be more appropiate). As Eugene says if we find a solution i'll post it in the forum.CAN ANYBODY HELP ME, PLASEThanks in advanceRegardsPedro Bascones

Guest Phoenix_7

I was trying the CIVA INS againused your panel.cfg as postedcouple of things, in the forum anything between square brackets are deletedso all the Windows titles are missing, best to use ()also the 3 INS panels show very small (for my eyes)is that correct or did I make an errorif you want to start another thread with a modified CFG file for the () please go aheadJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

You're right John, all the window titles are missing, i fixed this, also made the 3 INS panel bigger and also left window 4 (PSS INS) to see distances to next wpt and control the plane if some failure in CIVA INS. All work fine at ground with parking brakes but at the moment the plane moves the civa don't get power from the plane and start to work with his own batteries and in 20 min. they are over.Does this happen to you?Thanks againPedro Bascones

Guest Phoenix_7

well just tried and having some problemsstarted 'cold and dark'set parking brakeset ground power to closeset batteries to onat INSset to stbypower came on okset to posentered current posset to alignset to dsrtk/stsafter a few minutes for warmupthe 9 changed to 8 which indicates alignment has startedhowever it stopped at 6 and ater 10 minutes still at 6never got the green ready lightpressed the hidden quick align button but nothing changeddidn't however get any bat warningswill try again tomorrowJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.