Sign in to follow this  
Guest Darren Howie

Anyone got the CIVA INS installed with the Concorde yet?

Guest bibendum

Hi Where to find new panel.cfg without errors for CIVA INS ? Thanks

>well just tried and having some problems>>started 'cold and dark'>set parking brake>set ground power to close>set batteries to on>>at INS>set to stby>power came on ok>set to pos>entered current pos>set to align>set to dsrtk/sts>after a few minutes for warmup>the 9 changed to 8 which indicates alignment has started>>however it stopped at 6 and ater 10 minutes still at 6>never got the green ready light>pressed the hidden quick align button but nothing changed>>didn't however get any bat warnings>>will try again tomorrow>>>>>>John >PSS SUPPORT>support@phoenix-simulation.co.uk>>http://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpgHello John. On the CIVA, make sure after entering the Parked coords. When switching to align/dstrk/sts...you don't get an error maessage. It's pretty common on the CIVA. If you get the red warn light...just hit the Auto/Man switch, untill the light goes out. It should then align just fine. Usually when it stops at 6..there is an error somewhere that needs to be cleared. Hope this helps. Also, wanted to say; like Concorde very much; however, unfortunately I'll just be a daylight flyer.....can't stand that bronze lighting at night. I'm not sure why you developers keep insisting on this color; but, to me, if something is colored gray and you put a light on it...it will still be gray. Oh well, I'll still enjoy her immensley in the daylight. Thanks for a good product.Best,David

John i know that you don't give support for CIVA INS but what i need to know to make then work is related with the PSS Concorde.On Mon Nov-22-04 06:13 PM i posted:"i've just put the civa ins but preserved the PSS INS so i can see de distances to next wpt but have a problem with the power for the civa ins, i can set them to align and to nav when on ground but when airbone the BAT light comes on telling me that they are working with their own batteries and after 20 minutes more or less they run out of bat, and switch off. I've read all the manual of the civa ins but can't find a solution. Can you help me?ThanksPedro Bascones"Then i got this answer from Eugene:"You have to find out from C-IV-A developers (CIVA stands for Carusel Model IV-A not just CIVA sorry i had to do it and don't get offended) which electrical bus Delco INS is using to get energized. Then make sure this bus is closed while you fly. Don't forget to let us know which is it.EugenePSS FDE"After this i got in contact with Gianfranco Corrias one of the two developers for :"Delco Crousel IV-A" as Eugene says, and got this answer from Gianfranco:"Pedro close the generators of your Concorde before leaving the ramp!!!Gianfranco"And here is where i need your help John because i've tryied everything and don't get it. What does he mean with closing ALL the generators, if done i loose all the power in the plane. Only once GOT TO WORK but i was messing around so much with the bottoms of CSD1, GEN1, AC MAIN BUS SWITCH that i don't know exactly what i did and since then never more. I'm in love with this plane more even that i was with the Airbus and very pleased with your support so please try to help me with this electrical panel in the concorde. In the meanwhile i am asking again to Gianfranco for more help.I think that as you can see in this forum, there are a lot of people interested in putting the CIVA INS to make a wonderfull product a little bit better (more "realistic" would be more appropiate). As Eugene says if we find a solution i'll post it in the forum.Thanks in advanceRegardsPedro Bascones

Does anyone have the same problem than me. CIVA INS work on their own batteries since the moment the plane starts to move. On ground with parking brakes they are ok, they recognice GPU (Ground Power Unit) but since i released the parking brakes and start moving for taxi they don't recognice power from the plane and the BAT light inthe three CIVAS come on.Pedro BasconesPS: last messege from civa developers is:"Pedro, CIVA gauges are sensible to the following FS token variables (talking about electricity), being the concorde a 4 engines plane: GENERAL_ENGINE1_GENERATOR_ACTIVE GENERAL_ENGINE2_GENERATOR_ACTIVE GENERAL_ENGINE3_GENERATOR_ACTIVE GENERAL_ENGINE4_GENERATOR_ACTIVE Hope this helps Regards Marco"Perhapas someone here can tell me what to do with this. :-hmmm

Guest Phoenix_7

I am not seeing any problems with the BATI start CONC cold and darkset ground power to onset BAT to onopen the INSstart the alignment stepsgo thru the engine startmake sure 4 eng gen switches at Electrical 1 are onpushbackcontinue with setupall seems okJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

No problems either doing what you say, the problem begins when i START TO MOVE FORWARD for taxi, and sure i have the 4 generators on.RegardsPedro Bascones

Guest bibendum

Hi If you want to use CIVA INS without battery problem, you need to switch manually with you keyboard "Generator/Alernator" even if it's done with switch in ingener panel. You can confirm that : wait after battery warning (after parking brake release and taxi) then activate with your keyboard "Generator/Alernator"Battery Warning dissapear. I'd try flying wiht CIVA INS, it's not really good, Automatic Pilot has some problem to use it. I will de-install it and will use PSS INS, better for PSS Concorde !!!!! Thanks

Thank you very much, after 10 days at last you gave me the solution.Thanks again.RegardsPedro Bascones:-jumpy

Guest Debosonic

I agree with Bibendum.Although the CIVA is much more realistic and advanced it takes longer to arrange, align and prepare for the flight than the PSS version. Also if there is a mistake in alignment or some omission, it is impossible to re-align it in flight. Generally speaking, it is much more complicated and not so fluid as the PSS version.I have used the CIVA a lot in the past in 747 RFP and more recently in the CS 707. I recommend the CIVA for anyone who wants the added realism.If you would rather have a quiet life leave the default PSS Ins it is more than enough for the job.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.