Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Huge number of SAV files in PSS\Concorde folder

PSS Team,I've just noticed there are 752 AutoSave files in the folder FS9PSSConcorde. A new file is being created every minute. This doesn't look right. I have Pete Dowson's AutoSave.DLL in my FS9Modules folder and a new AutoSave file is created every 10 minutes and only the last 10 files are retained.Looks like you're creating files (for what purpose) but not housekeeping them. Any advice?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

John,Thanks for getting back to me. I'll chat with Pete Dowson and let you know the outcome.How do we get saved files in that folder. I have a couple but I'm not sure how they got there.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Phoenix_7

when you save a Concorde flightit saves in the default FS folderand also in PSSConcordeautosave is probably saving the FS flights which will also add to the Concorde folderJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Hi John,Right, thanks. I'll pass this onto Pete. Hopefully a workaround can be found to prevent all these files being created. He won't have the Concorde package though so I might have to test for him.I'll keep you posted.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest jumpjet

OMG you are right. I have 327 autosave files in my PSS/concorde folder, taking up 5.1 MB, not a vast amount of space, but then I have only made 2 flights!Thanks for the heads-upGraham

Ray, i have the same problem. If you're going to be in contact with Peter and find a solution i would be pleased to know it, personally or in the forum.In the meanwhile i'm going to put the atosave.dll out to avoid the problem. Thanks in advance.Pedro Bascones

Guest NormanB

> He won't have the Concorde package though so I might>have to test for him.Peter has all of our aircraft.

John,Having written to Pete Dowson about this he assures me his AutoSave module is doing nothing it shouldn't - it just saves a FLT/WX file every minute and deletes the oldest once 10 have been created.What appears to be happening is that everytime the SaveFlight routine is called - either manually by a user or automatically via the AutoSave.DLL code in the Concorde package is intercepting that call and saving a SAV file in the PSSConcorde folder. It's not discriminating between manually saved flights and Autosave ones presumably because you (the developers) don't have Pete's AutoSave.DLL.Pete's reply and mine to him has been copied to Graham Waterfield so hopefully he will decide what form of action to take. In the meantime anyone with AutoSave.DLL in their MODULES folder should be aware that a SAV file will be saved every minute the aircraft is airborne until something changes in the code.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Phoenix_7

I would think not much can be done?If you are flying the Concorde and autosave is running, it will create new files in PSSConcorde to match the FS saved flights generated by autosaveI'll check with Alex and see if anything can be doneJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Thanks John. For a programmer this shouldn't be too much of a problem to solve. The most obvious (but not necessarily the most elegant) solution would be for the PSS code to check the name coming through from the save routine and discard anything beginning with AutoSave.But, given the quality of your programmers, I'm sure they'll come up with something far superior! :-)Failing that the alternative would be for only the last 10 SAV files to be kept. Older ones would be deleted.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Phoenix_7

Ray,info from Alexthis will be fixed shorltythe *.sav concorde files will be re directed to the default FS folderthat was autosave will see them and delete them when necessaryJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Hi John,That's great news. Please thank Alex for his work.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just a quick question...............so am I right in thinking it is safe to delete all these SAV files (562 of them) without causing any problems?Thanks.John

Only the AutoSave ones. Leave any other SAV files alone.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.