Sign in to follow this  
Babu

Concorde Vaupor Cloud During Final Approach And Landing.

Gentlemen / Ladies, During the final approach and landing phase of Concorde flight,there is a white vapor trial engulfing the center fuselage and wing. Is it suppose to be like this during the landing phase?, can this effects be switched off at times?.Thanking You,Best Regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Guest jumpjet

Yup, it's a vapour trail (condensation) caused by the high angle of attack the wing is at during the landing phase.I personally love this effect, it look pretty cool. So I can't thnk of any reason anyone would want to remove it.:)Graham

Guest Phoenix_7

you mean theConcorde Slow speed high AoA leading edge Condensation cloudit can be disabled by removing the following from the effects folderfx_pss_vortex1.fxfx_pss_vortex.fxJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Hello Graham, The condesation effect is very nice and realistic, but, does the real Concorde produce this condensation effect at every landing and approach? I would not disabled this effect, but if this effect can be reproduce depending upon tempratures and climatic conditions at the arrival airports, then it would be more realistic.Thanking You,Best Regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Hello John, Yes, I exactly meant the low speed high angle of attack condesation cloud, thanks for the tip for disabling it, can this effect be reproduce depending on climatic conditions beside disabling it?Thanking you,Best Regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Guest Phoenix_7

it has more to do with the delta wing shape than weather conditionsthe pressure of the air above the wing drops causing humidity and condensationin the sim it is activated by angle of attack and airspeedJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Hello John, Does it means that during slow speed and high angle of attack departures this effect will not be visible?. Is it possible to adjust the flight's approach prameters during landing phase so this effect can and cannot be reproduce given the simmer's preferances, for example, increasing the approach speeds and lowering the angle of attack during approach, rather than enabling and disabling the required files completely?.Thanking You,Best Regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Guest Phoenix_7

I have seen it on departure, but only for a few secondsas far as adjusting the landing spedd so you don't see it?that's something you will need to play withJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest dormehlexpert

Hi, I have only seen it at very high landing weights where AOA is excessive for the app speed (due to weight).I have just completed a to and from flight from De Gaulle to Kennedy and back - must say I am suitably impressed with this product. Cannot get enough of the Concorde.Don DormehlProud South African supporter of Phoenix products

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.