Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Overspeed warning problem

PSS,The attached shot of part of the Concorde panel shows the airspeed to be within the limits of the barber's pole. However, the FS overspeed warning was sounding. Do you have any idea why this should happen? I was in Max Climb mode with Alt Acq engaged and the Autothrottles were off.Hoping you can help.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/98145.jpg

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest RobJ_UPS

I have experienced exactly the same issue ... just to let you know you're not alone on this Ray. ;)

Rob,The newly available AIR/CFG files available on the 2nd item down on the topics overcomes this problem.Go get!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest dioaka2

I have the new FDE but i'm still having overspeed problem in max climb. If i let it go the aircraft finally crash.

Guest zip

MAX CLIMB hasn't been very reliable for me, either because of overspeed, or more importantly, overcorrection in terms of pitch that causes progressively worse oscillations and eventually gets you out of the flight envelope unless you turn MAX CLIMB off and pick another mode. +6000FPM to -6000FPM type swings of thing at mach 1.5 is not a good thing.I end up looking for the stable pitch angle and change to VSPEED hold, which is rock solid.This happens with the old or recently patched FDE (oscillation should not be impacted by the FDE at all - it's an A/P issue).

To overcome the crashing problem switch off the Aircraft Stress option in Realism. I haven't had the overspeed warning since installing the modified FDE.However, what now seems to be a problem is excessive climb rates with quite heavy fuel loads. I don't think it's particularly realistic for Concorde to be climbing at 2000-3000fpm at FL400 and above and yes, I do switch off reheat at M1.7. The FDE tweak to overcome slow climb rates seems to have been overdone a little and IMHO needs pegging back.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest bibendum

>I have experienced exactly the same issue ... just to let you>know you're not alone on this Ray. ;)I I have the same problem, but only when i change weather. With clear weather, all is perfect. It seem to be problem with altimetric pressure Try to use "altimeter Reset" often

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.