Sign in to follow this  
Guest cko1

Help! Can't start tutorial

Guest cko1

I was on page 11 of tutorial and tried to load PSSconcorde_1 then got this message "Aircraft nitialization failure PSS Concorde Air France". I must did something wrong. Can somebody give me step by step instruction how to load the flight? The instructions on Page 11 was vague to me (a newbie). Thank you in advance.Charles, KDTW

Guest lbb

Sounds like the problem I had, John. I think the following is happening.In the FLT-file reference is made to [Plane.0]Aircraft=PSS Concorde Air FranceIn the original aircraft.cfg there is such a plane:[fltsim.1]title=PSS Concorde Air FranceIn the aircraft.cfg that comes with the traditional liveries this plane has turned into[fltsim.1]title=PSS Concorde Air France Modern Livery Plus Full VChence the error.Am I right?Leo Bakker

Guest cko1

Yes, I did download the old livery and replace the aircraft.cfg file come with it. If this is the problem,how do I fix it?~ Charles, KDTW

Guest lbb

Well, try this:Go to the aircraft.cfg in the PssConcorde2004 folder. The second entry lists all the details for the aircraft that is used in the tutorial. In the line for "title" delete all words after "France" so that it now looks like this:fltsim.1title=PSS Concorde Air Francesim=PSSCONCORDE2004etc.It should work. If it doesn't, there must be another problem in the aircraft.cfg that comes with the liveries.Success!Leo Bakker

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.