Sign in to follow this  
Guest DaveI

No Reheat

Guest DaveI

Hi Pss I cannot get reheat to work.I m using flight 3 and on the runway.Reheat armed (white lights on). Full throttle (yoke calibrated) N2 reads 106...N1 reads 102 Area instrument reads only around 84 and green lights do not light. Even though the jetpipes are glowing I do not seem to have reheat in operation.can you help plse?

Guest Phoenix_7

for green go lightstake-off monitor must be set to ARMED, it is above the engine gauges on main panelwhat happens if you press F4John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/conc2004.jpg

Guest DaveI

Thanks John(s) The T/O monitor switch incorrectly set was the problem. The green lights work now on T/O but go out after a speed or time limit perhaps. The don't stay on untill reheat is disengaged. Is this what is supposed to happen?

Guest FabHETRU

Hello !These GREEN GO lights were only meant to tell the Captain that "all 4 engines parameters were OK (including the ReHeat) for the take-off roll and while L/G not up-locked"... The T/O Monitor switch you push before T/O to allow for these GO lights to get ON is automaticaly latch back to OFF (disarmed) once the gear gets UP-LOCKED after take-off (this is the EXACT way it works in the real plane !...).One more thing: to get a GREEN GO on a GTR, you need to pre-set the F/F index AND THE P7 index TOO (in the E.O. side panel engines secondary parameters...) at the value that we should have for T/O with the current OAT. If both neddles (from F/F AND P7) do NOT reach the value, you WON'T get the GO light too, as all the parameters are NOT NOMINALS ===> ABORT T/O is to be executed !!!Have fun !

Guest RobOlson

What exactly is purpose of the T/O Monitor?

Guest DaveI

Ah so !! Fascinating !! so that also explains why there are no green lights when reheat is used for accelleration to M2. In my ignorance I had assumed the green lights meant "Reheat on" Thanks for the info

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.