Sign in to follow this  
Ayster

Setting NAV1, 2, ADF etc problem on Concorde

Guest ksabers

(I don't know if my post of last night was lost, eventually forgive me for the double message, but I feel it's important)I've managed to reproduce the problem, and it's actually time-related, as Cell suspected.I load the "cold and dark" situation, PSSConcorde_1, and when the panels initialize, I start a timer. I do absolutely nothing of the tutorial, just staring at the screen and changing NAV frequencies every few minutes.After 32 minutes and 45 seconds (approx), the NAV frequencies do not work anymore. I can reproduce the situation at will (I've done it three times yesterday) so if you need other informations to help you track the bug, just let me know.Giorgio (Ksabers)

Guest Phoenix_7

couple of things to tryopen the panel configuncheck both startup optionsstart FS and load your default flightswitch to the Concordedo you get the same thing??also as a long shothave you checked under Aircraft, Failuresmake sure nothing is setJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/conc2004.jpg

I tried the tutorial again, and couldn't set the radios at the point that it asks you. However, I was able to set them once I had started engines 2+3!

Guest ksabers

Ok, I've tried this way:1) Concorde Panel Config: UNCHECK both startup boxes2) Start FS3) Load my default flight (Genoa Sestri LIMJ - Cessna C172)4) Check no failures selected or armed5) Selected Concorde VC - British6) At initialization, I've started my timer7) Checked again no failures, to be sure.8) Tried NAV radios at 10 secs interval9) They stop to work around 10 minutes and 20 secs after the aircraft load.10) As I said, loading the PSSConcorde_1 file with both boxes checked, the failure time was around 32'45".I've repeated three times the procedure and the result is the same. Any suggestion is welcome!Giorgio (Ksabers)

Guest ksabers

This weekend I've done some other checks. The problems still persist. If I load the cold&dark configuration, the radio stops after 32 mins, but actually they work again after engine start 2&3. If I uncheck the start boxes and load my default flight, they stop after 8/9 mins (definitely, it seems).Could be a problem related to the infamous "battery life" bug of FS2004?Giorgio (ksabers)

Guest Cell

>This weekend I've done some other checks. The problems still>persist. If I load the cold&dark configuration, the radio>stops after 32 mins, but actually they work again after engine>start 2&3. If I uncheck the start boxes and load my default>flight, they stop after 8/9 mins (definitely, it seems).>>Could be a problem related to the infamous "battery life" bug>of FS2004?>>Giorgio (ksabers)>Sounds like it to me. I've managed to time them and I agree with Giorgio. They start to work after engine start.

Guest jumpjet

Yeah, I have had this/similar problems too.A properly set default flight, then load the concorde and start my prep. I switch the MSFS ATIS on so I know the radios are working, then after a random amount of time they cut out. If I now load a default aircraft the radios start-up again (the Avionics is shown as on). Go back to the Concorde and they are OK again. This can happen 3 or more times during a pre-flight, and I also found that selecting 'reset flight' will usually bring the radios back too. The trouble is, each time I reset the flight, there is no guarantee the CDU will retain my route data. On my last flight I had to reload all my waypoints 3 times. There's nothing worse than punching in my last waypoint, only to hear the radio cut out ( I keep the ATIS on all the time, to ensure the radios are working), knowing I may have to punch them all in again.This is only on the ground using ground power BTW, there is no problem through the rest of the taxi and flight.I am still impressed by this bird though :)

Guest ksabers

John, have you been able to reproduce this bug at PSS headquarters? It seems that many customers have found it... if you need other informations about my PC configuration, or if I can do something to help your programmers to track down this little nasty thing, just let me know!Giorgio (Ksabers)

John and PSS Team:First, thank you again for a wonderful product. You guys outdid yourselves this time! I flew the 1st tutorial flight yesterday (LFPG - KJFK) without a hitch! The effects on the engines when the reheaters are on is amazing. The panels are also incredidle, and I like solution you guys implemented for "panel" navigation/viewing. My first flight ended with a perfect Autoland at 31L (vapor effect over the wings).Today I was planning on a flight from KJFK on Speedbird 1 (no vc) and experienced the "Setting NAV1, 2, ADF etc problem." Here is what I can add:1. My flight prep took 3 hours due to interruptions (I hit pause several times).2. FSUIPC 3.411 (battery forever selected)3. Even though I set my cockpit to cold and dark, I found some of the pumps/stuff on. Does the VFE also work during pre-flight?4. Upon taxi (maybe before) could not set NAVs and ADFs (heard the clicks)5. I did open the ATC window to request 31L for progressive instructions (yes I am wimp). ATC was not responding though. Could not get ATIS through FS ATC.6. Upon take off, autopilot was not responding accordingly (AT1 was working, but could not hold heading and altitude). Was using FSNavigator coupling. Had to abort trip and perform a manual landing back on 31L (without ILS), which was cool! :)Anyway, hope this helps.Thanks again for a gem of a product.Fabio van Roon

Guest sparrows

Hi,anything new about this thing ? I got the aircraft a few days ago, but without radios i don

Hi Peter:I am experiencing the same problem. I was only able to complete the tutorial flight. Since then, I am trying to complete a KJFK - EGLL flight without success.Yesterday, after several unsuccessful attempts, I loaded the tutorial situation that puts you ready for take off at 27L and had a great flight (tutorial again). At least I got to enjoy the flight.If I do takeoff with the NAV setting problem, the autopilot does not work at all. Could you check if the same is happening to you?One thing I am going to try is to set my default Cessna flight with brakes "off." On the tutorial (page 18), it asks you to set the brakes before setting the Ground Power switch to Close.Good luck.Fabio

Guest ksabers

This bug is really nasty. When NAV are inoperative, even ATC does not work. I'm not able to select the different choices in the menu: it opens, but nothing is transmitted.Tried with "infinite batteries" in FSUIPC, but nothing has changed.Giorgio (Ksabers)