Sign in to follow this  
Ayster

Setting NAV1, 2, ADF etc problem on Concorde

Guest jumpjet

HiPersonally I load the default Cessna with the Avionic AND the battery on. At least I get radios and nav to work, but will lose them after 5 - 10 mins.To get around this I save the flight (just calling it 'current'), then after every major change in my pre-fight (like re-fuelling), I then save and overwrite the 'current' file.If I lose the radios again (guaranteed), then I just select 'reset flight' to get them back without losing much of my pre-flight.As mentioned earlier, after starting engines 2 & 3 and coming off ground power, the radios will not fail again.CheersGraham

Guest ksabers

Update of my everlasting bug-tracking sessions:1) If I start with PSSConcorde_1 (cold and dark at Paris) then I change location to another airport, the radios are ok but they stop after a while, restarting after engines 2 & 3.2) On the contrary, If I create a flight using directly another airport (that is, without load PSSConcorde_1), radios are immediately disabled and they do not seem to re-activate after engine start.A lot of customers are experiencing this bug, but it seems not reproducible on PSS test computers. Could it be something related to regional settings? International versions of the simulator? Comma instead of a dot as decimal separator? Something like that? I feel myself useless as a tester... ;-) Giorgio (Ksabers)

Guest Phoenix_7

ok let's try something from the startstart the PssConcorde PanelConfig Utilityuncheck both option under 'Startup'click OKstart FS2004at 'select a flight' screenunder 'Other' select 'Meigs Field'click FLY NOWwhen the panel loadsconfirmengines are runningalt/bat switches are onavionics are onselect Aircraft, and switch to the Pss Concordethe Concorde should load, engines runningcan you change the freq?I let mine sit like that for 2hrs and could still change the freqJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest ksabers

>ok let's try something from the start>...>can you change the freq?I've tried that. No problems at all: radio were working all the time.I even tried to start in cold&dark, same results. It seems that Condorde likes Meigs. :)))After two hours, I've done something else: create new flight, selected Venice Tessera, cold&dark at Gate D23 (ISD Project free scenario). After some minutes, the radio were locked. :(((But I refuse to believe that the problem is connected to initial location... give me a wall, I need to smack my head into it.Giorgio (Ksabers)

Guest Phoenix_7

I would believe it's connected to your default startup flight and the dead battery glitch in FSwhen you start FSand select 'creat a flight'which aircraft is showing in the preview windowJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest ksabers

Default plane is the little Cessna.I have a suspicion. Some time ago I have downloaded a small file from Avsim to start with a cold&dark situation on every plane. The file was bc_dark.zip by Ben Chuchra and actually was a FLTSIM.FLT to be copied into the folder FlightsOther. The file works fine but... maybe is not compatible with the cold&dark procedure of the Concorde. What do you think?Giorgio (Ksabers)

Guest Phoenix_7

well if it worked ok when you setup your flight as I mentioned abovebut it doesn't with the modified FLT filethen I would say that is the problemJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest ksabers

John,I've restored the original FLTSIM.FLT file and it seems to work. The PSSConcorde_1 scenario was inoperative after around 32 minutes, now it runs from 2 hrs and still no problems. Maybe we are near the solution.You could try to download the FLT file from Avsim and check if you can reproduce the problem.Anyway I have checked the two FLTSIM.FLT files line by line. The differences are listed below here. Only the different lines, not the whole file! At the LEFT, the file that was in use when I experienced the problem. At the RIGHT, the original file that seems to work. Maybe now your programmers can understand the reason of the bug!Giorgio (Ksabers)COLD & DARK FILE ORIGINAL FILE_______________________________________________[Window.1]CockpitZoom=000.67 CockpitZoom=001.00VirtualZoom=000.67 VirtualZoom=001.00SpotFastTransition=True SpotFastTransition=False[Engine Parameters.1]PropellerLeverPct=0.000000 PropellerLeverPct=1.000000MixtureLeverPct=0.000000 MixtureLeverPct=1.000000Pct Engine RPM=0.000000 Pct Engine RPM=0.315820LeftMagneto=False LeftMagneto=TrueRightMagneto=False RightMagneto=TrueGeneratorSwitch=False GeneratorSwitch=TrueCowlFlapPct=0.000000 CowlFlapPct=1.000000[systems]BatterySwitch=False BatterySwitch=TrueAvionicsSwitch=False AvionicsSwitch=True

Guest ksabers

I think I have speaked too soon. I've tried to remove the cold&dark configuration file, but I'm still having the problem.If I start at Meigs with the Cessna, then I select the Concorde, then I change initial location, all is OK and radios work fine.If I choose "create a flight" and I select directly the aircraft and the location, most of times radios are down OR they will be down after some minutes.PUZZLED!!!!!!Giorgio (Ksabers)

Guest sparrows

Hi John,that worked for me.Then tried again:Configuring Concorde Panel NOT C&D but with Engines OffStartung with default Cessna at Meigs. Everything off but Avionics switch on.Going over to Cologne/BonnLoading PSS Concorde.Panel is alive and Engines off like i configured.Goin

Guest ksabers

John,I heard that there will be a patch very soon (regarding fuel transfer and high altitude problems).Will be fixed the NAV problem too? Have you hunted down the nasty critter? :(Giorgio (Ksabers)

Guest VCALL

if you ever used the freeware panels from benoit gaurant (a300b4200 and caravelle), they usually have a problem that seems like yours. Both the radios and gear stop working. There is an instruction that you can write on the electrical page of aircraft.cfg that seems to fix this.try adding the following line to the electrical section on aircraft.cfgelectrical_allways_available=1Maybe thats something to do with the FSUIPC

Guest CX330_CPA Virtual

I too tried numerous times to replicate this issue and still unsuccessful. I tried it on my main PC as well as my laptop and another PC that my kid uses for his homework and NAV tuning works fine.The only thing that comes to mind regarding this is that if you are using FSNAV program (which is brilliant by the way) for the navigation and if you have it set up as Full Automatic or Set NAV1 or NAV2, or ADF frequency you will not be able to change the frequency, as the FSNAV will take control of radios and tune 2 closest VOR

Guest Phoenix_7

EugeneI have tried FSNav at full auto, semi auto, manual and cannot duplicate this problemI was browsing thru the DF727 forum and saw a few had similar problems with that productSomeone suggested editing the following entry in the aircraft.cfg electrical sectionavionics_bus = 0, 10, 17change toavionics_bus = 0, 0, 17andavionics = 1, 5, 17change to avionics = 1, 0, 17think that has anything to do with it??John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg