Sign in to follow this  
Ayster

Setting NAV1, 2, ADF etc problem on Concorde

Guest CX330_CPA Virtual

Well these entries relate to how the panel will use its logic to allocate buses to systems... meaning the first number is the Bus type, then Max Amp Load, and the 3rd one is Minimum Voltage... So by editing these it will change Avionics bus max loading to zero which is wrong and can cause errors every time it's loaded and then the second entry (Avionics) will allocate Avionics devices to Avionics bus.. which is logical and i will try this... however, i really don't see how this could affect tuning of radios, but if edited this change may very well screw up the panel logic Alex implemented.Will report later tonight. EugenePSS FDE / Special FXhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_16.gif

Guest nico2880

hi,i ave the same problem, i try this method:avionics_bus = 0, 10, 17change toavionics_bus = 0, 0, 17andavionics = 1, 5, 17change to avionics = 1, 0, 17and i have the same problem.Sorry for my bad english.Nico.

Guest sparrows

Hi,yes with my first flight with the DF727 and its tutorial i had the same problem. But i made 3 flights from C&D to touchdown without having that problem again. I still trying with your Concorde but everytime the same. okay i can start with all fired up, but thats not the way i want to do it.I remarked with teh CS727 and the DF727 that Ground connectiosn is lost after maybe 20 minutes, did anyone else see that ? Maybe we have some errors from that FS behaviour ?Regards,a Concorde Captain grounded.

Hello:Just to add to the mix, I have the same problem with the radios. The first 3 attempts at the tutorial flight I had NO problems. I have tried to create a flight from EGLL to KJFK. The radios are dead.I have the VFE onINS onGPS onNAV onRAD/INS to INS**I have the INS setup for navagation (first 9 waypoints set)Followed the Tutorial to the point where engines 2&3 are started and the radios are still dead at this point.I have also set a hotkey (SHIFT+A) to toggle Avionics on/off. That does not help either.

UPDATE to previous post...With the aircraft in the afore mentioned state, I hit "CONTROL + E" and the radios came on??? I THINK it is something to do with the FS Avionics control system. The Captain Sim 727 has a similiar problem but that can be fixed by assigning the Hotkey I mentioned in the previous post.Hope this helps the developers to fix the problem.Murray

Guest Phoenix_7

just did some more tests and am unable to duplicate this problemI am using a non registered version of fsuipc for the testI start FS to the 'create a flight' screenthe default 'baron' is showing in the preview windowswitch to the Concordeloads with engines offset onlt BATT to onleave it for 1hrradios freq is still able to changeswitch to the default baronturn engines offlet battery go deadswitch back to the concordenav radios still workso I really don't know what could cause thisJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Hi John:Why don't you try creating "a new" flight using the PSS Concorde "cold and dark" config. Then follow along with the tutorial... making sure you do "everything" it says you should do (don't skip anything). Perhaps there is some step or combination of steps that is causing the problem.This is what I did and I believe is the case for at least one other (if I understood him correctly).Like I said above, I think it has something to do with FS9's Avionics control (off/on).If I do what you did I do not have any problems either. It only happens when I follow the Tutorial in a flight I create from scratch. And also, as I said above, I can "fix" the problem by hitting "Control + E" after the engines have been started (2&3 only or all four).Thanks

Hello again John!Don't bother doing what I just suggested ( unless you want to :) ). I have found the problem (in my case anyway).In just about every addon aircraft, they tell you to start with the default aircraft (the Cessna 172) set things they way you want, and then load the addon. Well, I have NEVER done this and have NEVER had any problems with any addon (believe me when I tell you I have MOST of them).Anyway, the reason the "pssconcorde_1.fln" (the one included with the tutorial) works, is because (I am assuming now) it was saved following the proceedure I mentioned.Well, I have been simply creating a flight and going directly to the PSS Concorde. When I do this I cannot change the frequency numbers in any of the radios. On the other hand, If I first load the default aircraft, flip the Avionics switch to on, then load the PSS Concorde, I CAN change the frequency numbers in the radios.What I can't figure out is why the hotkey I set up for the Avionics switch won't work with the PSS Concorde???I will post anything else I find.Thanks!

Sorry John!Forget my last post. My solution only works until I move the plane to another airport. If I move it again the radios work. If I move it again they stop working????Perhaps it has something to do with the PSS Panel Config program? I don't know!?!

OK John, I did some more testing and this is what I found.1) If I select the PSSConcorde_1.FLT the radios work right from the start.2) If I select the default Cessna, switch the Avionics on, and then change to the PSS Concorde the radios work. If I move to another airport at this time, the radios stop working.3) If I load the PSS Concorde the radios don't work... but if I go to the FS menu and load the SAME PSS Concorde, the radios work!I hope I have not confussed the issue with all this John. Maybe someone can use it to find some solution.I'll leave you be now. :)

Guest Phoenix_7

your default FS startup flight must be saved with the avionics set to onif not this setting carries over to the aircraft you selectJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest ksabers

Just a reminder to PSS crew, because I'm still experiencing these same NAV problems...Giorgio