Sign in to follow this  
Ayster

Setting NAV1, 2, ADF etc problem on Concorde

Guest ksabers

Nevertheless, these problems do exist and I'm not the only one to experience them. Please do not forget them because the plane is almost unflyable two times out of three.Moreover, I think the save system is less than perfect. Often I save a flight, but then the situation is not reloaded the same way. For example, I save something like pssconcorde_2, just before engine start, but when I reload it the plane drops in "cold&dark" again. And reloading the flight or resetting it does not help. Usually I am forced to exit completely Flight Simulator and reloading it, but some save files has become permanently "corrupted" and they set the plane in a state DIFFERENT from the state when they were created.i had great hopes on this add-on but now I start to feel a bit sad because I cannot enjoy it in full. I will not ask for a refund, but please, please, try to solve these problems, because, as I said, I am not the only one to have them.Giorgio

Guest knocks

I just got my CD version, working my way through the tutorial for the first time and I come across this problem as well, and then find this thread :( , not a good start to my concorde experience to say the least,

Hi all in this thread. I can reproduce this problem on this pc, but never had the problem on my old pc.My new pc is using winxp home and my old pc was using win xp pro (may or may not have any bearing on the problem)I own many add ons from different companies and thought i would like just one default start up flight for those add ons that did not have a cold and dark start up situatiopn, so my default was always the cessna 182 with engines off, master switches off but avionics on. that was then the saved default and on my old pc it worked fine for all pss add ons including concorde (all these with cold and dark chosen) and got cold and dark for the add ons that didnt have this as as option. All went well for ages. Then a new pc set up the same way and the concorde alone would have this unable to set nav radios and a totally unusable autopilot. I then set up a new default start situation which was still the cessna 182 but this time with both master switches on, avionics on and engines running. then change planes to the concorde (the very procedure that pss have been saying is the way to go) and all works. radios tune and autopilot responds. So I now have 2 start up situations....one for flying everything else except concorde, and the other for flying concorde. It works for me and hope it will work for you, although i no longer go through any saved concorde situations i just choose it from the "select aircraft" option from the standard menu.hope this is of some helpJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

I have tried numerous startup situations with no luck. The problem still creeps up. Unfortunately, I have "shelved" this wonderful product until there is a fix. It is too frustrating to setup a whole flight only not to be able to even perform a takeoff.I have duplicated the problem in my laptop, and I would glad "show it" to someone from PSS (since they haven't been able to re-create it).Cheers.Fabio

Guest knocks

Thanks for the info JCI tried creating a new default setup as you said but unfortunately has not fixed my problem however I did find, not a fix but if I have fshotseat running for AI blast I don

Guest knocks

Gday all I think I have found a fix to this problem, :-jumpy:-jumpy:-jumpy:-jumpy:-jumpyYou need to go, in Flight Simoptions/controls/assigmentsThen in the general aircraft commands section findMaster Battery Switch on/off and assign a key command to this I usedctrl shift MWhen the error happens you can just reactive the NAV1, 2, ADF etc using your key command you assigned, this seems to have fixed it for me as I can make them active or inactive at will with this method.:-hahCheers Heath

Guest ksabers

Unfortunately I have tried the proposed solution and it does not work for me. The Master Battery switch does not seem to change the situation.This bug does persist and it's really nasty for me. It does prevent me to enjoy at all this plane.Giorgio

Guest knocks

Yes sorry i know i was over excited when i posted my fix, it didn

Guest capt_eric

Hi there,PSS - I really appreciate the time and effort that you put into this great product!However, it is difficult to fully enjoy under these circumstances as I am having the same problem with the electronics failure... Hopefully this bit of info can be of help: - Once the electronics die, the electronics failure checkbox (under failures) becomes checked. - If I change the general slider under realism BEFORE the electronics go dead, there failure does not occur. - PMDG had the same issue with the release of their 737's but found a way to fix the issue in a patch. Unfortunately I don't know what they did, but it isn't a problem anymore. - I was having this issue with Captain Sim's 707, but found that when I move the essential power selector knob and the AC meters selector knob both to External Power then the electrical does not fail.Hanging on for a resolution!Thanks again,eRic

Well... I was having this problem too and was convinced there was a problem with this addon. Why? Because "every" other addon I owned worked just fine... believe me when I tell you I own many.About four days ago I bought and installed the Aerosoft SeaHawk. I started to have a problem with the NAV radios. Not the same problem as with the PSS Concorde, but a problem none the less. I was convienced the problem was not with my system... but... I said what the heck, that's 2 planes that won't work properly.Well I took the blunge and did a "complete" re-install of everything... from format, to install, test, backup, install some more, test, backup, etc. I have just spent the better part of 2 days and to my "pleasant" surprise, both planes work perfectly now... well at least the NAV radios do! ;)So, there you have it. I know it is alot of work, and I will never get things exactly as they once were but I have to say it was worth the effort.LaterMurray