Sign in to follow this  
Guest lbb

Compliments and two questions

Hi guys,Just completed my "maiden" flight from EGLL to KJFK and I'm impressed! Just about everything worked as advertised and it was great fun!Just two questions though. I've seen a number of reports about the CoG pointers jumping up and down and for me too during the latter part of the cruise and the early part of descent they were fluctuating wildly, to the extent that the caution bell continuously came on (until I pressed inhibit, that is). I noticed that it started almost imperceptibly and gradually got worse. I realize this is a hard part to get right but are there any plans to see if it could perhaps be made to be slightly less noticable?Also, why is the routing in the tutorial so obviously wrong? I imagine the people in Gander are glad these are only virtual Concordes overhead :-)Thanks for your effort to get this incredible machine back in the sky! Again, I had a great time and anticipate a lot more Atlantic crossings!Leo Bakker

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

as far as the tutorial goes, some liberties were taken to make navigation a bit easiertweaks continue on the FDE, but unknown if this 'dancing' can be correctedI have never seen it as bad as you describe??John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

On my flight I was near Halifax (well, roughly) at about FL560 and some 48 tonnes of fuel remaining when the bell started!? In New York I ended up with 35 tonnes, maybe I had a bit too much fuel? Started in EGLL with the #3 situation file and fuel.Leo Bakker

FWIW, made the same flight today with about 10 tonnes less fuel. CofG master caution again sounded, this time around the 46 tonnes mark. I noticed that just prior to that the CofG was at about 58,3, then suddenly it went forward to about 57,5 while tanks 5 and 7 that had been empty for some time were rapidly filled. After some time the situation stabilized, the CofG began to move aft again slowly and the master caution stopped.Don't know if this helps any in pinpointing the problem, just thought I'd share it with you guys.Did enjoy the flight, again! Never thought I'd be doing so much realtime longhaul :-)Leo Bakker

Sign in to follow this