Sign in to follow this  
svenks

Congratulations to us all...

..but most of all to Phoenix, of course, for creating this incredibly beautiful Concorde. As I write this , I have a very pleasant growl in the background from my gaming PC, while I'm slowly (VERY!) climbing towards FL580 at MACH 2, doing the toturial flight.Dear Graham et al: This time you have outdone yourself. If the Concorde doesn't land a 5-star review, I shall be very disappointed. The manual alone deserves that (of course, it is more fun with the sim than the manual alone :)In fact, if you don't get 5 stars, then I'll do a review myself - and then you WILL get them :)Gentlemen - and lady, I salute you for a job well done!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Sven,Let me add my congratulations to Graham and all the team for a fantastic product. I've just completed my first EGLL-KJFK flight (using the modified AIR amd CFG files) and the aircraft was a delight to fly. The autoland also works flawlessly and although I should have brought the nose wheel down much quicker I did manage to stop before I ran out of tarmac on 31R.Given the quality of the documentation, AIR file, sound, panels and textures this product is fully deserving of a top award.See Graham, I'm not always a moaning git! :-beerchugCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,You referred to replacement ,air and .cfg files for the Concord. Where did you get these? I have still to buy this bird, but based on the comments I'm reading it may happen tonight :)Thanks, Bruce.

Hi Bruce,2nd pinned item down on the PSS Forum. Posted earlier today. Resolves the overspeed problem and improves the climb rate when reheat is applied at the accel point. I'm very impressed with this package and would heartily recommend it.You should be ready to go through a steep learning curve - the tutorial is 104 pages long but is essential to understanding how the aircraft operates. If you've had previous experience flying other Concordes that will help you quite a bit.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest United

Finally was able to achieve 55,000 +, still some fine tuning to do, but basically the job gets done........ and the autoland is a thing of beauty, well done indeed!Randy Jura, KPDX

Hi Ray,Talk about steep learning curves...I'm afraid the flight out of Paris yesterday was severely delayed, since the pilot spent about 2 hours reading the manual, before he even got to engine start...I flew quite a bit in the FS2002 Concorde, and managed to get it right eventually - the hard (and annoying) part was that in order to have enough fuel in the trim tanks at descent, you had to manually use fuel from the wing tanks, switching between them to avoid imbalance. This is sooo much better, and even if I will get down to managing fuel and CoG myself, it is very nice to have VFE do it for you...BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

>See Graham, I'm not always a moaning git! :-beerchugHA HA !! Never said you were Ray :)Thanks for the flowers

Thanks Ray. I'm excited about learning to fly this bird!Bruce.

Hi Sven,2 Hours? Yes, that seems about right. But now, 4 days into flying Concorde I've found a quick way of starting the engines which would probably horrify the purists but it does allow me a flight during my short leisure times.The VFE is a godsend - imagine trying to control fuel whilst flying - a nightmare!Enjoy your flights.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.