Sign in to follow this  
RichardS

Yoke in VC

Hello:Is it possible to remove the Yoke from the VC. It really serves no purpose and it blocks a great many of the gauges. I like to fly using the VC and it is very annoying to have the yoke in the way. It is especially bad when trying to land using the VC. If there is no way for me to remove it, then maybe you could issue a patch removing it. I'm sure that I am not the only person who would like to have it removed.Otherwise I think the aircraft is great. I just finished my first flight from JFK to Heathrow and am very pleased with the handling of it from start to finish. The only problem I had was I couldn't get it to stop after I landed. AP and AT were off, reversers on, brakes on and it just kept going. I'm sure I missed something so I will go back to the books. No big deal.Thanks maxsdad

Guest NormanB

>Hello:>>Is it possible to remove the Yoke from the VC. It really>serves no purpose and it blocks a great many of the gauges. I>like to fly using the VC and it is very annoying to have the>yoke in the way. It is especially bad when trying to land>using the VC. If there is no way for me to remove it, then>maybe you could issue a patch removing it. I'm sure that I am>not the only person who would like to have it removed.>Otherwise I think the aircraft is great. I just finished my>first flight from JFK to Heathrow and am very pleased with the>handling of it from start to finish. The only problem I had>was I couldn't get it to stop after I landed. AP and AT were>off, reversers on, brakes on and it just kept going. I'm sure>I missed something so I will go back to the books. No big>deal.Hi there maxsdad,If the Concorde Pilot we had on the beta heard this he would be astounded ;)Naturally in real life there is no way to remove the yoke and of course it blocks instrumentation there too.There are no plans (or needs!) to patch at this time.

Norman:I realize that in real life it may be in the way too, but in real life one can move their head slightly left or right to compensate. We can not!!!! I also realize that PSS wanted to make it as real as possible, but I think that in this case that doesn't work. What is the sense in having a VC panel that is in affect almost unusable because of an object that does nothing for the operation of the aircraft? Lets be honest. Do you really think that having a represention of the yoke in the VC so important that you rather leave it in then allow us the "paying customers" to get the full use of the VC panel? I think that a compromise would be to give us the choice as to whether we want the yoke in or not just as you have given us the choice of having a VC or not.Please consider my suggestion seriously. I do not ask this lightly.Thank You maxsdad

Guest NormanB

MaxsdadI have to be honest and say that for me, personally, Virtual Cockpits never did it for me. That doesnt mean I dont see their worth or indeed that many many others probably feel the same way about 2D.We do strive as much as possible for realism but at the same time listen (very closely as the poll on our site today will show!) to our customers.I have put forward your suggestion to the MDL developer. Im sorry I can't wave a wand and make it happen myself, nor indeed promise that it will.

Norman:Thank you for the response. As you said, you are not an advocate of VC's, I on the other hand will not fly an aircraft that does not have one. So as you can see, what is unimportant to one person may be very important to another. Thank you for forwarding my idea to the MDL developer. I hope that he will see where I am coming from and give us the where with all to remove the yoke.All I ask is that you let the MDL developer know how strongly I feel about this. Thanks maxsdad

As the MDL designer I do see your point and understand your feelings, However we have to cater for the majority and not the individual.I appreciate how stongly you feel but ope it wont put you off too much.. BTW you can always adjust your seat to see over the yoke

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.