Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Quick Start-up procedure for Concorde

Firstly, congratulations to all involved for producing a superb Concorde package. Mike Bannister and the rest of the lads would be very impressed with your efforts.I've printed the Tutorial and worked my way through it but the sheer number of checks/actions required to get the engines running is a task I hadn't anticipated. I was hoping that the controls on my GoFlight rack would allow me to turn on all fuel pumps and then start each of the four engines via separate buttons. I seems this isn't going to be possible :-(Whilst I understand why you have included a full list of all the actions in starting up a real-world Concorde this does make the flight preparation very long. I'm not unfamiliar with flying Concorde and would like to get airborne reasonably quickly.Could you possibly publish the minimum set of actions that are required to get the engines running please? After that I'm happy to read the sections on controlling the autopilots / INS etc.Thanks,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

John,I'm aware of the situation files for the various stages of a flight thanks. What I was hoping for was a shortened list of actions to get the engines running. Many of the actions in the tutorial are checks to ensure a switch is set to a value and in many of these cases the switch is already set correctly.I'm curently compiling my own list of switches to set that are not in the correct state. Hopefully this will shorten the time it takes to get the engines running. I'd rather not use a supplied situation file as it teaches me nothing about the procedures.Thanks,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest AirRyan

I'm just wondering how to turn off that damned doorbell when I close my GPU switch. Is there no APU then, and the only way I can get bleed air to turn the first off engine is to use the GPU?

Lower overhead panel cancel button in the bottom-right corner (from memory) will cancel the 'door-bell'. Make sure you press 'Inhibit' too. Can't help on your second question - sorry.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest AirRyan

Thanks, I was hitting the wrong button (obviously!)

Guest cj_flys_wmu

According the the systems manual, the Concorde does NOT have an APU. So the only way to get to get bleed air into the engines is using ground service. The tutorial flight has you starting engine 3 first, then 2 at the gate, pushing back, and doing a "cross bleed" start of 1 and 4 off the running engines. I would imagine that you could start all 4 engines at the gate, but I belive the tutorial flight is based on BA procedures. I do not know the effect of pusing back with no engines running, and starting them after you push back. I would imagine it wouldn't make a difference, it is just more realistic starting 2 at the gate, simulating ground service. When you open 2 and 3 bleed valves, you should get bleed air pressure on the respective gauges. As for the order of engine start, it could be that engine 3 is closer to the ground service air manifold, or the batteries or something.Take care,-CJ Starr

I tried pushing back first, the first time I did this, and I lost all power.. the ground service is only available when the parking brake is set. So unless you've got the engines running, you don't have any power to start them!!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.