Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

Is FL520 sufficient to cross.....

Guest United

the pond in either direction if Concorde is not able to reach 58000 ft. altitude, especially with say a good stiff 60 or 70 kt. headwind going east to west? That is will I run out of fuel due to inadequate altitude?Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest jumpjet

Well with my tanks almost full, today I did London - New York with a 90kt headwind, and couldn't cruise above 48,000 ft. My fuel was (in pounds) Out: 156721 In 28540 (includes taxi fuel)Graham

Guest NormanB

All my flights are done using the Concorde NAT tracks and ActiveSky2004. I havent went swimming for a long time :)I depart JFK with full fuel (I think its Rwy31?) and climb at profile to between FL510 and FL550. I cant recall what my latest figure was but all with a healthy reserve.Remember in real life Concorde had on occassion to stop at Shannon (Bristol too I heard once) if the headwinds were not favourable.

Guest RobOlson

Norman:I asked this in another thread, so please excuse my asking again.Realistically, Concorde ascended to a cruise altitude of FL50. The, as fuel burned off, it "floated" to FL58. Is there a way to simulate this phenomena?

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.