Sign in to follow this  
timers15

Can't see runway on landing?

Hi All!Great aircraft this Concorde. I've had several flights already and everything is working great. However, on final approach I'm finding I can't see the runway over the 2D panel. I have 18000 kg fuel, default load (full?), and have set the speed to 170. Autoland works ok but I'd like to manually land and see the runway I'm landing on. Thanks

Guest cj_flys_wmu

Hi Timers15,So far I have made about 4 approaches into KJFK and the Concorde has acted about the same way for me. I am thinking this is due to that fact that that delta wing really has to have a high angle of attack in order to generate lift at the low approach speed. The Concorde is build for speed, and it does not have any flaps. What I have done is hit the "W" key and watched the runway come up as the aircraft does its autoland. When the aircraft flares at the end, the nose rises up pretty high. I also like to switch back to the cockpit view when I am at about 100 feet radio altitude, and anticipate the landing that way.The Concorde is a remarkable airplane, and PSS has done a great job! They have added a whole new dimension to flight simming.Take care,-CJ Starr

Guest RobJ_UPS

Two things can be done:1) Shift-Enter, to move the seat up a notch in the 2D panel.2) Use the VC ... more realistic IMO, especially for landings.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.