Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

Concorde Flight Today.

Guest sb55mv

Well, I did my first (of many I'm sure) flights today from JFK to Heathrow, took me about 2 hours and 58 Min's at FL560 and M2.0.I enjoyed the flight enormously, and the inclusion of the VFO (Virtual Flight Officer) is a very welcome edition to the panel. he was not a very talkative chap, in fact he was down right ignorant, never answered me once, oh well, the flight went without a single Hickey. I enjoyed the Full auto-landing too.I did notice one thing though, is it normal for the frame rates to drop like this when in the cockpit.I'm using FSUIPC Registered with the latest version. and latest drivers for everything else too. res set to 1280x970x32.I noticed that when in spot view I tend to get about 29 on average, but when back in the cockpit it varies between 15-23 and fairly consistent at that, any thoughts, or is this normal.thanks,lovely jobSteve.

Steve,It's quite normal for the frame rate to drop when the panel is displayed. All those gauges are running code which takes processing time. I find this panel to be quite frame-rate friendly compared to other complex 3rd party panels.If you use a programmable yoke try assigning 'Full Window Toggle' from within FSUIPCs Button assignments tab. This will toggle the front view between the panel view and a full-forward view and is very useful when on finals.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.