Sign in to follow this  

What utilities would you guys like to see developed???

I tried to stay away from this but I'm thinking of getting into the development game. I'm a Visual Basic and C++ programmer and I've done a lot of business application add-ons and enhancements over the 8 years I've been in the field. FS has been my hobby for quite some time now. I've been working on a few surprises that I'm sure everyone would be pleased with (I just have to get that website up and running). There are allot of things that could be enhanced with FS2k2 and I'm looking into them (Active Camera was an idea that I had in mind to do for quit some time but the other guys beat me to it, that's what I get for sitting on an idea too long). I'm planning on buying the latest GMAX software as well for some scenery design (we need more US Airports designed in GMAX and I don't plane on backwards compatibility with FS2000 because I want to maximize FS2k2's features). My question is what kind of add-ons would most of you guys like to see developed and supported in FS2k2/FS2k4, (that's is not including scenery because that's a given issue)??? Thanks for any feedback....

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I can think of one that is overdue imho. A student/flight instructor module that allows two persons to connect-the instructor has on his/her screen the simulator actions and viewpoint the student is taking but the ability to overide, and verbally talk over the pc like a real lesson.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

Guest N247BK

Thanks for asking !I used to write quite a bit of VB code also, but am now enjoying a few other things in life.I had hoped someone would write an application the would SCAN the GAUGES and AIRCRAFT folders in FS2002, and determine which GAUGES are not called by the AIRCRAFT.Several folks have tried, but nothing has effectively come forth (in my opinion only).I hope you can solve this for the whole community.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope some others write with ideas as well. One thing is for sure, we do need a good gauge removal application. I'll put that on my list. The instructor module might be a bigger problem...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Vulcho

I'll back up the Gauge utility.I am sure I have +-100MB of useless gauges.Thanks,Alex.ERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!

Guest Milton

In multiplayer, one thing we miss is ATIS. Knowing the WX on the ground at the destination airport so active runway can be determined would be great.Possibly a small window to type in the destination airport and it would come back with surface winds, temp, barometric pressure, etc.Milton

Guest Brent Hebert

I tried the latest one last night and it froze up on me.Brent Hebert

Hi, Use WipeGauges 2002 v3.0.5This utility clear any unused gauges in FS2002, FS2000, FS98, FS95, CFS and CFS2. No bugs, simple and clear. It was released in november 2001http://library.avsim.com/search.php?Search...s2002&Go=SearchThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Program to replace roads with USGS data. Terrascene does this for Fly!.Similarly, use USGS data to render proper streams, rivers and coastlines.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest gasebah

A gauge that allows the basic graphics settings for Nvidia cards like AF and FSAA from inside FS without going to the desktop.I'd love that!!!!Alex

I 2nd the roads! Either that or realistic night light textures.

I know that there is Project AI and associated freeware out there, and also My Traffic, but I would like to see a simple, inexpensive program that will give you a point and click capability to increase traffic at small, local, airports where I often fly. Thanks, Steve J.

Hello,An idea :A programm that gives the possibility to prepare FS2002 to start a Multiplyer session where we can give the "departure airport", date/time, aircraft type/model so that this information is given BEFORE the start of the multiplayer to avoid all the mandatory manipulations AFTER fs2002 is started.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Not only measure descent rate at touchdown but also distance from end of runway and centerline, angle of attack, and airspeed. Maybe make it a game to get the best "rating"! David

While structural icing is somewhat sporadic in FS2K2, the only evidence we have of its existence is a change in climb rate. It would be great if we could actually see the ice building on the wing (designers - there you go!) but perhaps some tiny gauge that could reflect the degree of icing. Perhaps it is all or nothing - I'm not sure.David