Sign in to follow this  
John_Tavendale

Radeon 9700 on this DUDE's DELL!

SO I just got a Dell 8250 with a p4 2.4 and 1 GB RAM and 1210 GB hard drive.It will be my first time getting FS2k2.(I used FLY2K in the past) I got the Radeon 9700 card but not the 9700 PRO. Should I have spent the extra $120 for the 9700 PRO instead of the 9700?comments appreciated! thanks. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

No, I don't think so. The Radeon 9700 Pro is a little quicker, but not too much. The 9700 Pro has 2.8NS Samsung Ram which runs at 620Mhz (310Mhz DDR). The GPU of the Pro runs at 325Mhz.The 9700 uses 3.2 or 3.6NS Hynic Ram running at 540Mhz (270Mhz DDR) and the GPU runs at 277Mhz.So you're only talking a gain of 48Mhz on the GPU and 115Mhz (57.5Mh DDR) on the Ram.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

SO I did well then. I mean, it sounds like the law of diminishing returns is creeping up on me! Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.