Sign in to follow this  

New computer.....coming !!!!

Hi all!I am very excited, we are getting a New DELL Dimension desktop 8250, I picked out these componets..Intel

Congrats! Wish I could afford a system upgrade, but this isn't the time to do it LOL. Have fun!KP

Hi ShaneIf a pat on the back will keep you from bumping this thread again you got it.Congrats that`s really neat and groovy and I hope it works for ya.

Thanks for the replys.I only bumped this thread is because I am very happy I am getting such a spec. I have been stuck with this PIII 866, 384MB SDRAM, and Geforce 2 MX 400 computer for so long, not being able to do the stuff I WANT to do.I just found out they use the Intel 850E chipset, it supports the hyper threading technology, so In a couple of years I may be able to stick a 3.06Ghz in it if I can afford it. First I have to figure out the way to get the faster GPU- Ti4200 128MB DDR

ShaneI know I was only teasing and it is a great feeling getting a new rig.FS will be like a whole new sim for you,Enjoy.

Guest outtatimeiii

I been thinking about upgrading my 1.2GHz machine lately (as in perhaps do it within this year or next). Although its good for basic stuff, games are starting to suffer when I add more and more complex stuff into them. I also do a lot of video encoding and editing and I definately need more power to do that. Any single stutter from the comp causes a bunch of frames to be lost in a live capture.As much as I wanna upgrade, I cannot right now LOL. I got college to pay, and I believe education is far more important than upgrading comp at the moment.

I agree. The cost is unbelivable. They have an ATI Radeon 9700 PRO 128MB, but add $510 to the main price, when I can get an Ti4200 locally for alot cheaper. Thats the way I believe to go.

Guest Wizard

Watch it with DEll!!I got a quote from them...a promo, buy now and get 128mgs ram free..was excited about the new system and all did not pay attention.On the quote...which I checked all items I wanted..I only realized after the fact(about 6 mos later) that they charged me (in the Ram and Freee ram colomn) My system came in with 256mgs (what I wanted)..that the charged me $920.00 for the 128mgs of RAMBUS that came with the systemYou see..the quote had no prices beside each item( should have known).So if you recieved a quote from Dell over the internet or whatever, check to see if each item is priced.As we know it some of dells hardware 'can" be crap. I have had no probs with my system ( 2yrs olD)..and they can be overpriced (I knew this)But playing with prices on quotaions is another story.Had I known 128Mgs of RAMBUS was worth $920.00 at that time, I probably would not have bought the system..the free ram reeled me in.Rambus was not worth THAT amount of money at that time according to all my resaearch.When I brought this situation up with the Dell rep, at first he addmitted there was a prob, a $$$$ prob and after a few e-mails, he said I recieved the the free ram discount in the base price of the computer and then left me high and dry..So...was i ahd for no lesas than $460..NO LESS AND i AM GIVING DELL BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT..Rambus was not even $400.00 at that timeByer bewareMb

Dude, we are Dell brothers! I just got mine this past Thursday!Good luck with yours! 8250 SERIES,P4,2.40GHZ with 1GB PC1066 RDRAM, 17in flat panel, 128M DDR ATI RaDeon 9700, 120GB 7200RPM hard drive and SB AUDIGY 2 THX CERT card.Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.