Sign in to follow this  
someone

CH flight yolk USB

Hi, Could any body tell me wether or not there is a safe lubricant you can use on the flight yolk?Although the yolk works fine during long movements, it does tend to stick on fine movements which can be quite frustrating. I have searched for the information but get 0 results.Thanks

Guest RonB49

I have read (on this forum) that there is a recommended lubricant listed at www.chproducts.com but I've never looked for it. So far in the two years that I've had my yoke I've never had to lube it. I try to keep the shaft VERY clean. When it needs it, I'll use dry silcone lubricant; it works well for other things and it does not attack plastic or attract dirt. R-

Guest estevesm

I used WD40 on my previous yoke. I don't know whether WD40 attacks plastic but flying with the yoke after a couple of sprays was really great. The downside is that I think the yoke gets "addicted" to WD40 so you'll feel the need for more sprays. But it's like flying the real planes where you can give small inputs without that frustating feeling of a clogged yoke.

Guest Dean

I received a new CH yoke for Christmas, although it didn't bind at all, it had an annoying squeak. I sprayed 100% silicone spray on a rag and wiped the shaft along the exposed portions after moving the yoke to it's extreme in and out positions and that did the trick.

CONDORI've had no sticking problems with the CH Yoke USB. Make sure to keep the shaft clean and if it sits unused for a while wipe any accumulated dust from shaft before using it. If you decide to lube it DO NOT use WD40 as it becomes sticky after a short time and it also attracts dust, that's the reason the yoke becomes "addicted" to it. A dry lube like graphite or a teflon spray that dries completely is what you want. I've not found any silicone lubricant that dries completely. Any wet lube will attract dust which will build up in the bushings, not what you want. If none of this helps post again and I'll explane the much more drastick method I had to resort to on my old CH gameport yoke.

Thanks for the reply guys, will try patrols method initially and see what happens.thanks

I use white silicon axle grease. The thick gooey stuff that is a mess. I gave the control shaft a very liberal coating of it a couple of years ago and it has never needed another application. It seems to actually contribute to the "feel" of the yoke because of it's high viscosity which tends to slow the yoke movement down just a bit while retaining a more predictable degree of smoothness. For these reasons, I highly recommend it. If you foresee any problems of items coming into contact with the shaft after you grease it up and find that would be objectionable then I would highly recommend that you not use this method. I also recommend that you grease both ends of the shaft front and back. Bob, Rogers, Arkansas

I usually use butter or nonstick Pam to lube my "yolks." :-hah :-hah :-hahSorry, couldn't resist!