Sign in to follow this  
Guest delafran

AT1 - Retards throttles to idle

Guest delafran

A few days ago I purchased the Concorde product. After reinstalling my computer and putting a fresh copy of FS2004 and the service pack. I installed the PSS Concorde. I have tried to follow the tutorial 3 times and I have searched the forum for hints. I have even followed the quick flight to FL500.Every time, I activate the AT1 and select IAS ACQ the throttles immediately reduce to IDLE and they stay that way. Eventually airspeed bleeds off and then the inevitable crash.I even tried to make my default flight the B747 with all system (including) engines running.I am at a loss of what to look for. Any suggestions / help would be appreciated.ThanksMark

Guest delafran

Yes, I have the CH Yoke. If by "max spd" on the throttle stick, you mean pushing the throttles to max (same as pressing F4) then yes. I have the throttles at full just after setting AT1. I have also pressed F4 too. Same thing happens. About 2 seconds after the AT1 is activated the throttle automatically reduce to idle.Is there an setting or an FSUPIC (sp?) setting that could help?Is the concorde product compatible with FS2004 SP1?ThanksMark

Guest Phoenix_7

it is the CH thrust settings interfering with the AT controlsif you search the forum for 'CH' or 'F4' you will find some suggestionsJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest delafran

:-(As mentioned in my first post, I have already come across the issues & tips with the CH Yoke:- I'd like to add one thing. If you have a throttle, make sure it's full forward when you enter MAX CLIMB mode. I had this problem once only to notice the throttle on my CH Yoke was down to idle.- If I could just add a bit to this. I have the CH Pro Throttle and when engaging reheat I have to push the throttle fully forward for the engines to spool up to max power. If you don't do this they stay at the current power level and the aircraft will struggle to climb and accelerate.- Mac, the Max Climb will set the aircraft to climb at the fastest airspeed/Mach, and the Concorde will climb readily with this. However, when it is selected, or Max Cruise (Selected automatically above 52000, I think) the AutoThrottle will kick off. Anything that kicks off the autothrottle will cause the AT light to flash--a reminder. Accordingly, the throttles will stay at their last setting. For MaxClimb, then, I need to cycle the throttles back and then full up again to "wake up" the power levers, and resync them with the throttle control on my CH Yoke. I'v caught myself a number of times in Max Climb with the throttles not full open, and a stall will result.- I takeoff by applying full power with the joystick throttle instead of pressing F4. I don't know why exactly, but this seems to have solved problems I was having with engine shutdown around V1. Don't forget to bring the throttle back to "zero" after engaging the AT."- "please try the followingdelete the 2 filesmodulesfsuipc.inimodulesfsuipc.dllre install only fsuipc.dll from this linkwww.schiratti.com/dowson"- Using FSUIPC.dll 3.50- I have disabled my CH joystickNone of the above work.Mark

Guest delafran

I have noticed something else with the autopilot. If I take off manually on runway 24. If I enter in 200 in the HDG, engage AP1, press HDG HOLD the plane make a turn to heading 340 and it stays there, which is where the yellow arrow is pointing to in the HSI.If I rotate the HDG / TRK dial on the AFCS panel, the HSI does update the HDG TRK index on the HSI.If I rotate the VOR LOC dial, the yellow line (desired track / course pointer) does not rotate.VFE onFSGPSThe only yellow light on the AFCS panel is the HDG HOLD.In addition, changes in altitude select control and then presing ALT ACQ results in nothing happening either.So, I am beginning to wonder if the AFCS system is even working?This is a brand new computer with XP SP2, FS2004 and SP1, Phoenix A330, A340, A320, A319, A321 and Concorde - installed.I did have FSUIPC 3.5 but, I have gone back to the one installed by the Concorde installer.I don't have any other FS software installed.BTW: The Airbus products all work perfectly !!!

Guest delafran

Originally, yes, but to change it back I have done the following:- Create a new flight.- Select the Cessna 172 Skyhawk- Avionics on- Master on- Engine Started and Running- Save flight and check the "save as default flight"I maybe able to install FS2004 and the Concorde on another computer this weekend...Are there any diagnostics flags I can enable that would help you track down why the AP1/AT1 systems are not working?Mark

Guest delafran

Bummer :-(Anyway, I now have things working. For the benefit of other users this is what I have done so far:- Uninstalled all phoenix software and fs2004.- Delete the FS2004 folder to be sure that it was all gone.- Unplugged CH Yoke and Pedals- Install FS2004- Install FS2004 SP1- Install Concorde- Set my default flight in FS2004 to the C172, Master On, Avionics On and Engines Running.- Switch planes to Concord- Perform a test flight using keyboard only. FS2004 wasn't aware of the Joystick and didn't allow me to enable it.- Performed the takeoff and set the AT1 and AP1 according to the tutorial --- IT WORKS.- Shutdown FS2004- Plugin CH Yoke and Pedals- Start FS2004 - do a test flight with the C172 to ensure yoke and pedals work.- Restart FS2004 - Load default flight - switch to concorde- Perform the takeoff as per the tutorial - again IT WORKS.HOWEVER:Now I can't not land the plane. :-( I crashes. Will search the forum to tips.ThanksMark

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.