Sign in to follow this  
svenks

Vertical Speed and Alt. Capture problem

Guest NormanB

Sve,A systems crash (outside of FS) saw me restart the Concorde flight. Carried out on VATSIM, two Concordes departed Heathrow for Barbados.The other did things by the book whilst I set in levels and speeds to aquire both on climb and descent.Each and every time things went to plan, except for the VFE who must have popped down the back with the hostess, allowing #1 to flame out.To top it off I landed on the piano keys - very unusual for my Concorde flying!

Hi NormanI haven't forgotten this issue, I've just not taken the time to report here. But I have been flying the Concorde quite a bit, in preparation for the RTW event. And I have some further info: I can get it to miss the ALT CAP any time, if I mess with VERT SPD setting close to the ALT CAP altitude. For instance, descending with AP IAS HOLD can bring on a hefty descent rate. As you approach your selected altitude, you might want to slow your descent. So you engage VERT SPD (and A/T at IAS HOLD), which initially has the same descent rate as before. Using the Datum Change you raise the nose, but if you are fairly close to the selected altitude, the 'pitch selector' (for lack of a better word) will simply continue upwards, and you will end up climbing. ALT CAP never occurs and thus ALT hold will not be engaged.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.