Sign in to follow this  
Guest otello

Concorde Installation

Guest otello

Hello,by trying to install my new concorde software i receive a tag saying, that emulation CD/DVD software was detected, It further says to deactivate those and then continue.I have then deactivated in the tray CloneCD/VirtualCD and the preinstalled Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD(it came with the computer). I tried again, same tag came:What can I do?I do not want to uninstall preinstalled software, since I am a computeruser, not a computertechnician.Can anybody give me an advice?Thank you,Wolfgang Clauss

I can't give you an exact answer, but do you have the emulation software on hand that came with your machine? If so, can you uninstall it temporarily? There are probably still vestiges of the software on your system, and I'm guessing that the reason your getting the message is some kind of piracy protection from PSS.There may be some documentation available on the net for your emulation software.Possibly, another way to test if this is the problem, is to save your current system status with the emulation software installed.(Windows XP-System Restore)Give it a name.Then Uninstall all of it, and retry installing the Concorde.If you still have a problem, then we need to look for other causes.Ron

Ron Service

Guest otello

Hi Ron,thank you for your information. But if this would be the only solution (uninstall computersystem) in order to be able to install the concorde software, I rather will return the software to the shop and I rather wave the option to have the concorde on my computer.This is the first time ever that such thing happened. But I say clearly, if the producer of the software delares his safety for more important then convienience of the user to use his product, I will not buy it anymore.I can only hope, that other users facing same problems also will return their software to the dealer, so he can discuss with the producer, whether he wants to sell something or not.With Cloud9 Starfighter software also a problem happened, the registration was too complicated. This product I also returned to the seller.I took CaptainSim Starfighter instead, no problems, works fine.I think, that is the only answer, we users should give such companies.Wolfgang

Guest NormanB

The warnings will be from the copy protection used by Just Flight. We know nothing about it here at PSS since our products are download only.Just Flight have a great forum for asking this kind of stuff and will have the answers you seek.

Guest otello

In the popup window during installation the information comes up: Emulation software was detected. Deactivate the software and start again.This I did, but it still did not work.After even Justfligt could not detect the problem, I spent a whole Sunday to find out the problem. In the end the information, ... to deactivate in the tray only... did not help.After finally I uninstalled CloneCD software, the insatllation was no more a problem.Now, if a user has installed CloneCD, he must uninstall, just deactivation does`t help.Wolfgang

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.