Sign in to follow this  
Guest NormanB

Concorde Lighting

Guest NormanB

Do you have FS power prior to starting the Concorde? Could you be suffering from the FS flat battery bug?

Guest mikpen14

Could you explian a little more Norman? I'm assuming you are asking if I start with the engines and everything else on, when I load my flight, with the Concorde selected! All the other lights on the aircraft are working properly. The tail just doesnt seem to light up at all!ThanksMichael

Guest NormanB

Michael,FS has a bug called the flat battery bug. Try thisStart FS - from the create a flight menu choose the cessna @ Seattle.Engines running?Change to the Concorde.Turn on the lights.Turn on the dark :) (set night!)Do you see the tail lit up?

Guest mikpen14

No, I still do not see the tail lights on! Ive tried it with the engines running at start up, Ive tried it with the a cold, dark cockpit!The only lights I see are the nav lights, strobes, landing and taxi lights. I can see that the tail lights are modelled, but they just do not wanna light up for me!is there a fix for the bug? something I can change in the CONFIG FILES? Or any other ideas?ThanksMichael

Guest Phoenix5

Hi Michael,Check your FS settings, making sure that the light slider is all the way to the right, setting 8.Just to reiterate what Norman has said, make sure you have the default cessna flight set up as your starting flight.Also if you have the registered version of FSUIPC, select the extend battery option.regards,

Guest mikpen14

I'll check my settings, but Im sure I have almost all of them set to maximum or close to it. Also, I have never changed the Cessna from being the default flight and no I dont have a registered version of FSUIPC, but I do have the latest downloadable version

Guest mikpen14

Hey Norman or Pheonix;Wondering if I can send either one of you or both some pictures of my settings? I have it set right now with the engines running at start up!Want to know, if there are any settings that I need to change! And why the AC freq setting defaults to EMERG PWR and why the Blue "SELECTED" emerg power light is on?Also, an outside view at the gate with the lights on that show up!I realize that the tail lights are a minor thing, but Im just trying to straighten it all out!

Guest mikpen14

On my Concorde, the tail lights are not working when I turn the switches on, on the overhead panel. Is the switch for the tail lights somewhere else, or is this a known problem?

Guest NormanB

Michael,I will fire up the Concorde in the morning. If you want to fire a screenshot of settings over to support please feel free!

mikpen14, "On my Concorde, the tail lights are not working when I turn the switches on, on the overhead panel."The only two lights situated in the tail cone on Concorde were a white navigation light (steady) and a red beacon light (flashing). Neither fleet was equipped with a lighting system that illuminated the tail.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

Guest mikpen14

I could swear that I have seen night photos of the Concorde, with her tail Illuminated!

Guest NormanB

>The only two lights situated in the tail cone on Concorde were>a white navigation light (steady) and a red beacon light>(flashing). Neither fleet was equipped with a lighting system>that illuminated the tail.[/font]Thats a relief because I've just finished a Concorde flight and the tail remained in darkness.Thanks,

Guest mikpen14

Hey Norman; Not going to bother sending the photos, if they are not supposed to be modelled! Although I could have sworn, Ive seen her lit up at the tail before!Thanks for the help!

Guest NormanB

Mike,>Although I could have sworn, Ive>seen her lit up at the tail before!As did I. Maybe it was on the french mach2 project or the fs2000 Concorde.

Guest mikpen14

thanks for all the help though guys

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.