Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikpen14

Fuel Calculator

Guest mikpen14

Im hoping that Ray sees this.I donwloaded the fuel claculator V2 the other day and input the distance to where I was going, no problem!My problems occurred on departure. Once airborne, my Concorde began to shake violently. I double checked all my setting and they look alright!Just wondering what I can do to fix the problem?

Hi,I don't visit here every day so you hit lucky :-)I've experienced the same thing and I don't think it's anything to do with fuel loading. After all, the CoG is between the min/max points so the aircraft is well balanced.I'm hoping someone from the PSS team can advise. I have heard it said though that they recommend a full fuel load. Well that might be fair enough for a 3,000 mile hop but for shorter routes it's not realistic.Maybe given the complexity of the design it was a bug they couldn't resolve except to recommend filling her up. PSS??Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest mikpen14

Thanks for getting back to me!Not to sure what the cause would be then, I only got the shutter when I adjusted the fuel via the calculator. But like you said it was within the min/max's. And yes I dont encounter it with full loads, although even for a long haul, ie; EGLL to JFK, I should only require about 81-84% depending on weather! If I fly their with a full load, I'm usually left with around 30% or more!Anyways, thanks again for the help!

Hi,Concorde's range was about 4,000nm (London-Barbados was just within range) so you're quite right when you say there's plenty in reserve for a EGLL-KJFK run and I'm sure the pilots wouldn't just say 'fill her up' to the fuel boys!Try keeping the speed down a bit during the climb to FL280. It's all a bit hit and miss until PSS chip in.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Concorde's range was about 4,000nm (London-Barbados was just within range) so you're quite right when you say there's plenty in reserve for a EGLL-KJFK run and I'm sure the pilots wouldn't just say 'fill her up' to the fuel boys!Don

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.