Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alias

MAX CRUISE

Guest Alias

Hi everybody,new to the forum.I sent an e-mail to the support and they replied very quickly with good suggestions. Anyway I have a long (and sad) story about a problem of MAX CRUISE not engaging, please be so kind to read the whole thread post at justflight site. This issue is driving me nut!http://forum.justflight.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14474I really appreciate your comments.Thank you very much Lorenzo

Guest Alias

Hi everybody,for those not having time or will to read the whole thread at justflight my problem is very easy. Notwithstanding all my efforts I can't get the MAX CRUISE light on although all necessary conditions are satisfied. In this image you can see that. I think there is something strange on how my VFE works. It should be so that when the A/P recognize MACH 2.00 the MAX CRUISE is on taking control over the A/T thus preventing unwanted overspeed.The curious thing is that the squared light near the gear lever should read "CRS" when MAX CRUISE is on. In this case "CRS" is on but no MAX CRUISE is on. Usually the 4 engine rate switches on the overhead are operated by the flight engineer when reaching MACH 2; in this way he tells the A/P "Now we are at Mach 2, maintain speed, and when you can climb". In my case this doesn't work and even I don't think is a matter of weather settings.Nobody has ever complained about this problem therefore I'm quite confident, but until that time... Norman if you can't find a solution I might send you my original CD so that you can test it personally, maybe my VFE has a virtual bug :-)You'll never know how much I love this plane, the quality of this product is light years away from any other similar add-on of this bird, I'm totally out of ideas.Many thanks Lorenzohttp://img359.imageshack.us/img359/3356/untitled1copy0sb.jpg[/img]

Guest Phoenix5

Lorenzo,The aircraft is still climbing. It is showing a climb of approx 200 ft/min. Remember this aircraft will climb at very low ft/min at this altitude, 200 -500 ft/min is not uncommon.regards,

Guest Alias

I Steven,yes it's still climbing, but only to avoid the incoming overspeed believe me.Usually he climbs straight up to 48.500 ft then stays at 0 climb, the "CLB" squared indicator goes to "CRS". Being MAX CRUISE not on, he goes into overspeed. When this happens he starts to climb as if he felt that overspeed is not good. The picture was taken in this moment.I have crossed the atlantic and no MAX CRUISE was on during the trip.There must be some bugs.Lorenzo

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.