Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gazelle

Engine Start

Guest Gazelle

Hi,I purchased this beuty some 3 years ago but have only got around to performing the various startup functions including the engine start. My problem is that I can get Engine 3 to light up easily enough, but there seems to be a delay on 2 between flicking the REFLIGHT/START sw to START and seeing any movement on the N2 gauge. It comes after a minute or so. However, the big problem is that 1 and 4 won't light up AT ALL.This means I have to start my flight with all 4 engines running.Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong.A quick resume of the process is as follows:MAin eng Pumps to ON (all 3)Reflight/Start to STARTObserve N2 until @12% thenHP Valve to OPENBLEED Valve to OPENCOND Valve to ONEngine runs up, repeat process on No2 etcGavin Hendrie

Hi GavinToo bad no-one has answered you yet.The startup procedure for #1 and #4 are just a little bit different from #2 and #3, and you seem to have missed it.When #2 and #3 are running, do your pushback. Then, start #4 by FIRST OPENING CROSS-BLEED between #3 and #4. Then, follow the same sequence as for #3. And, of course you also have to open cross-bleed between #2 and #1 before you can start #1.Apparently, #2 and #3 is started from the ground jet starter, but #1 and #4 is started in the above fashion, AFTER pushback.Try to re-read that section in the manual - it is there :)I don't know why you have a delay starting #2.HTH & BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest NormanB

Gavin,Pretty much like Sven has said.>I purchased this beuty some 3 years ago but have only gotIs our Concorde really that old? I was pretty sure we released it in Q4/2004

Guest AF011

Hello Gavin, Norman has helped me a lot with the engines start. 1. Make certain that you first of all go to the default flight before you open the PSS Concorde. The default flight is found under "Flights" at the top left of the menu bar in Flight Simulator. Open the drop down menu, and go to the flights called, "Other." There you will find the listing for "Default Flight" Is starts the FSS at the Seattle Tacoma International Airport. From there you can swith to the PSS Concorde, and move the Corcorde to the gate and Airport of your choice before start up and connecting to VATSIM or IVAO. Hope this helps you as much as it helped me! Jim French, Dakota, Illinois, USA

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.