Sign in to follow this  
Jetstar2

Pan Am Repaint

Anyone out there interested in doing a PanAm repaint of this fine aircraft? Robert Williamson

Guest jimhalinda

OK, I see that two different people have uploaded Pan Am repaints. However, both links appear to download the same file, and that file doesn't work.Can anyone correct this?Regards,Jim Halinda

Guest NormanB

Both have been removed since there are no contact details for the author.

Guest jimhalinda

Thanks, Norman.Is there anyone else who might try making a Pan Am repaint? With all the 'fictional' repaints around, I'm surprised we haven't seen one for Pan Am.I have no idea how to even do it, otherwise I would try it myself.Regards,Jim

Guest SORSRR

I hope this is what you're looking for and is good enough. Only my second repaint. I will contact Phoenix and upload the texture to them.Enjoy!Steve Arkell

Guest jimhalinda

Looks great! Can't wait to try it.Regards,Jim

Guest SORSRR

My pleasure. It will fly just as sweet, but I know it means a lot having your favourite livery to look at :-)

Guest jimhalinda

Steve,I downloaded your Pan Am repaint; however you named the file 'PSS-SSTMain_l.bmp' when in fact it should have been named 'PSS-SSTMain_t.bmp'.Once I changed the name it worked fine.Regards,JimP.S. Just to be a stickler for realism, Pan Am registration numbers are NxxxPA, where xxx is a number. For example, their very first 707 was N707PA. So you may want to change your suggested aircraft.cfg entries to use that registration scheme. Similarly, Air Canada aircraft use the registration schemes C-Fxxx or C-Gxxx, where xxx are letters. For eaxmple, one of their Airbus 340s uses C-FTNQ.Thanks for doing two of my favorite liveries!

Guest SORSRR

Yes you're right, I have no idea how that happened and that Phoenix didn't catch it.I figured you could do the registrations since your limitation was with the graphics.No problem. Let me know if you need more. It's become a challenge. Glad you got it. Evidently it gives visual pleasure?Hopefully, Phoenix will make the necessary changes to my file for others that follow.Enjoy.Steve Arkell

Guest jimhalinda

Oh yes, I'm very happy to have these two fictional liveries! If only Air Canada and Pan Am had bought some.....Regards,Jim

Guest SORSRR

Where are you located? I am north east of Toronto and had the opportunity to see the Concorde coming into Toronto on several occasions. Of course it didn't mean much then, but it sure does now!!Glad you're enjoying the re-paints. Just miffed over the file name change. Oh well. Not to worry. Bit of a #### getting the logo to work properly on the tail right side (port?). Still can't get the hang of that terminology.Steve

Guest NormanB

>Yes you're right, I have no idea how that happened and that>Phoenix didn't catch it.Steve,We host them, we dont fix them :) WHen they are sent the check is a visual one, usually in a viewer rather than in FS. Zip it up with the changes and I will put it back in place.

Guest SORSRR

Done. Thanks Norman, and it was my mistake for sure. Must have been a 'senior' moment :-)Steve

Guest NormanB

Updated wef 1300z

Guest jimhalinda

I'm in Edmonton. We had an airshow here back in 1996, and a BA Concorde paid us a visit.During the airshow I was treated to seeing it take off on a 'flight to nowhere', taking its passengers for a quick ride to Hudson Bay and back.A while later we got to see it come in and land, and then take off once more for home. It was a real treat!The only thing I've seen that comes close to Concorde in loudness was the B-1 bomber, which I have also seen at a few airshows.I've also seen them twice at Heathrow airport when I was passing through. Once standing at the gate, and once doing a takeoff roll. There was no mistaking that sound!Regards,JimP.S. If you want another repaint 'challenge', how about Air Canada's original colour scheme, red cheatlines and tail with the stylized white maple leaf and the black 'Air Canada' lettering? If they had taken delivery of Concordes in the mid-70s, they would have been wearing those colours.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.