Sign in to follow this  
kaydub

Ch throttle (gameport) \ Ch yoke (usb)

Guest Ben

Hello fellow aviators.I want to buy a ch throttle that is connected to the gameport.Would i be able to use the throttle with the ch yoke (USB)??

The gameport throttle doesn't work under WinXP. You will be unable to program the buttons. Otherwise, I'm not sure if it works by itself without another joystick pluged in.

Guest Ben

why would i want to program the buttons ?

The buttons on the CH Throttle are useless unless programmed to keyboard functions. That is if you're talking about the same throttle. I have the CH Pro Throttle gameport version. It plugs into the joystick port and the keyboard port.

Guest Ben

Ok so i cannot program the buttons but the actual device works on WINXP ?I mean i will be able to control the throttle with that device , right ?Another thing will i be able to do reverse thrust with the device ?

Ben: I haven't tested the throttle as a stand-alone device, but I will try it tonight. However, I want you to know that there is no reverse detent on this throttle. It just slides forward and back. If you want to have a reverse detent, I suggest you build a throttle. You can find the basic idea over at the other big flightsim website. The parts are not expensive, and I know this works, because that is what I did. You can have up to four buttons on the throttle, which you can program within FS2K2. I love mine, and you can build it for less than it will cost you to have my Pro Throttle shipped to you. K