Sign in to follow this  
Guest AF011

Flight Levels - Who Decides?

Guest AF011

On a British Airways Charter flight, BA9072C out of Altanta, KATL, the tower ATC said he had to check my flight level on an eastbound flight to Heathrow. I had filed asked for FL 580. After ten minutes, tower ATC said I had to fly at FL 570. There was no one else out there above FL 410! So..where do I find out how to set my requested Flight Levels, and how do I get one at least at FL 580 to FL 600? Thank you very much! Oh..by the way..the Atlanta approach ATC said over the air that "thanks for flying from Atlanta. It is always a pleasure to see a Concorde." Jim French , Dakota, IL

Guest NormanB

Jim,the Tower controller must have been inexperienced. Generally Concorde was given block levels above ordinary traffic since there wasnt an awful lot to seperate it from.

Guest AF011

Norman, Thanks a lot. I wondered about that! Jim French

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.