Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Concorde and FSX

Norman,I notice you are a FSX Beta tester. How did the PSS Concorde perform with it? Is there any need for a patch or will it fly straight out of the box?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest NormanB

Ray,As you can imagine, it took me a day or two to get back to FSX. Checking the Concorde in Beta2 it fired up normally albeit I had issues getting the overhead to show. Alex has a handle on this already from what I understand.Now in beta3 it starts for a few moments before it loses battery power. I didnt have time to check this out further but imagine its something as simple as reconnecting power. It is something I hope to play with again tonight and will report back.Best regards,

Hi Norman,Thanks for the news. Although I'll probably buy FSX on its UK release I won't need Concorde straight away. It sounds as though you chaps have the situation well under control :-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest NormanB

Ray,I checked this a few times over the past few days on a number of planes which all lose power on startup. This wasnt the case prior to beta3 so I imagine its either the build or FSUIPC. I dont see it being a biggie.

Hi Norman,Are you aware Pete Dowson has issued a new beta FSUIPC for FSX? I wonder if it may help with the power problem. I don't have the beta so I can't try anything.Keep up the good work. BTW, are you going to the AvSim conference? I'm flying over as part of the Radar Contact team.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest mantari

Hi I'm new to the forum and posts. I've been searching for a Concorde which works on FS X Deluxe, but haven't found one yet.I googled and found your link so I thought I'd drop you a line to see if you could help me.I only installed FS X last week so I'm a bit "up in the air" at the moment.ThanksMark

Mark,As you can see there hasn't been much news from PSS about progress on making Concorde compatible with FSX.Perhaps a statement from PSS would help as beta 3 was being tested six months ago.I haven't tried flying it yet in FSX SP1.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Phoenix5

Ray,Norman is no longer with PSS.We will release FSX updates as we can, but there is a lot more involved than what was hinted at in the earlier posts.

Thanks Stephen. I'll check back from time to time but if possible could you notify AvSim when an update is available so they can publish something on their main page?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Phoenix5

I am sure that we can arrange that.

Guest mantari

Hello Ray & Steven,thank you both for your comments. I too look forward to the Concorde updates in the future.Best regards,MarkPS: Where in Cheshire Ray? I'm originally from Nantwich.

Cheadle Hulme Mark. Just east of the airport.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.