Sign in to follow this  
Gregone

Unable to get ILS at most airports in Concorde

First of all i want to say what a joy it is to fly the Concorde!My only problem with the aircraft is I am unable to get ILS at most airports. The Tutorial flight was when i first noticed it whenI came in to land at KJFK Runway 31L when i set Nav 1 111.35 nothing came up i paused flight and tried some other runway ILSand was able to land. Since then I have tried the patch to see if that would fix the problem. Also have downloadednew airac data even though they all work fine with the A330/340.I have renistalled the aircraft three times. Still the same no ILSat many airports . Any suggestions on how to fix this would bemost welcome. Cheers Greg Bisset

Greg,Are you changing the switch on the glare shield from INS to Nav? I think it's Nav. Unless you do that the ILS won't activate even though the correct frequency is tuned.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi again Greg,The switch is named Rad Ins. Make sure it's set to Rad when lining up on the ILS.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray, Thanks for the reply, I wish that was the answer to my problem, Have tried that one many times without success.Any way I can help you with your problem. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Hi Greg,Almost bedtime down under :-)How odd that switching to Rad doesn't activate the ILS. It works every time for me. Silly question but you are setting the frequency in the Nav window immediately under that switch aren't you?I'm currently 2.5hrs into my Concorde flight and have toggled the crossfeed valves a couple of times as Norman suggested. I should know in the next 30 mins if it's been successful.Going back to the ILS problem slew to 3 miles out of EGLL 27L and set the frequency on Nav 1 to 109.50 or 110.30 for 27R and see if the ILS comes alive there with Rad selected.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray, I just completed a flight this afternoon i am able land using 31RILS 111.50 works fine just many other ILS just wont show up the concorde. Yes I have been able to land at EGLL using Nav1 set to 109.50 thanks again Ray. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Hi Greg,That's good news :-) Give me a couple of ILSs that don't work and I'll see if they work for me.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray, I have been giving this some thought tell me what you think of thisIdea could I email you a copy of my navdata to see if it works withyour concorde, If it works with your aircraft that rules out the navdata being the problem I then can email support at PSS and ask them to check out my download file. Maybe the problem lies there,but with a bit of process of elemination. I think i can get it sortedoutwith a little help. These a just a very short list of ILS that wont work for me KJFK 31L 111.35 YSSY 16R 109.50 YBBN 01 109.50 YBBN 19110.10 YMML 16 109.70 27 109.30. Thanks again for your replysand Iam glad to read your problem was sorted. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Hi Greg,Firstly, I positioned Concorde at each of the runways you listed and on each occasion the ILS became active. I wasn't able to slew into the air because the electrics are disabled as soon as the aircraft leaves the ground. But I was quite sure the ILS was active.Where is the frequency data held? I can't see any obvious locations. In any case my guess is Concorde uses the same data as all other aircraft. Have you switched to a default 737 and checked if the ILS works then? If it does then it definitely points to Concorde but if it doesn't then the problem is a general one.Come back when you've established the extent of the problem and we can take it from there.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,I have just completed the tests on my system with the default 737 all ILS worked to specs. No problems there. which gotme thinking if the concorde does not rely on the PSS Navdata I evenmoved the the whole file to a temp location and tested it, Still same result some ILS worked the same ILS still do not work.Maybeas I said in an earlier post, maybe the fault is in the download file from PSS,I can remember back in the early days of PSS FS2000/FS2002I dont recall exactly but i do remember some one had some problem and it was traced back to the file that he downloaded from them.Thanks again for your help Ray. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Hi Greg,So the problem lies purely with Concorde regarding navigation data. But I can't find that data anywhere. Where are you looking? Why would PSS use different data from that used by the default aircraft?A reply from Norman would help here just to clarify the situation.Oh Norm, where art thou?Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,Yes from what I have been able to work out the concord does not seemseem to rely on navdata. The way I see it is that the INS works off the flight plan generated by fsplanner or the add on program fsnavagitor. Its unlike the FMS that we all have grown so used touseing. And yes Ray I can only think that the Concorde has very littleinterest from PSS suupport. It would seem that the are to busy withthe release of FSX and the 757 to give the Concorde any time.Any way on the lighter side I think we must be near setting some kind of record for a post with out any input from PSS.I might justsend an email off to them and see what happens! I will watch what happens with interest. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Hi Greg,<>I wonder if the way you're controlling the flight is connected to the ILS problem? I enter the waypoint lat/lon into the INS. You might want to try this and see if it makes a difference.But some feedback from PSS is now needed and is overdue. Good quality Customer Support is an important factor when you're considering another purchase.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray, I have tried loading the data in the INS but same result.By the way I did this by the Systems Manual for the concorde.Last night I emailed support and was very surprised buy the quickReply. Sadly it did not fix the problem but we will see what othersuggestions I get from them. And I must agree that good Support isvery important when deciding on your next purchase. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Hi Greg,Okay, worth a shot. Norman last posted in PSS 3 days ago. Hopefully he'll make an appearance soon and can offer a solution to your problem. Hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment too much.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.