Sign in to follow this  
Gregone

Unable to get ILS at most airports in Concorde

Hi Greg,I notice some of the ILSs also don't work with the default Cessna which removes Concorde from the problem. We can now look at this as a pure FS9 problem.The only other thing I can think of is that you may have some corrupted BGLs that contain the nav data. Are you aware of a program called AFCAD by Lee Swordy? It's in the AvSim library so I suggest you download it. It displays the contents of certain BGLs - the ones containing airport data.These BGLs are usually found in the FS9Addon SceneryScenery folder and start AF2. The one for YSSY is named AF2_YSSY.BGL. Open it with AFCAD and check the ILSs are okay. You'll find them under Lists / Navaids.The only other possibility and this is unlikely with a default FS9 install with no addons is duplicate AFCAD files for an airport. There's a utility named ScanAFD (again on AvSim) that will scan your setup and advise of any duplicates. If there are dups for an airport these can cause problems.Finally, as this issue affects the default Cessna search the FS9 Forum for any related issues. It's inconceivable that you're the only one with this problem.If all this fails then dump FS, crack open a few tinnies and prepare for the Ashes! Our boys mean business ;-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Greg and Ray, Hope you don't mind me jumping into this post, but it has me interested (as a new owner of the Concorde but not yet experienced enough to help much) since a fellow Aussie is having problems (I'm guessing an Aussie based on the sig). I'm not sure what Greg means by "the ILS doesn't come up" but I tried out KJFK ILS 31L (the one mentioned by Greg) using the default Cessna. I also only use the default AFCAD. Initially I could intercept the ILS ok but had quite a lot of difficulty locking onto the glidescope. After many loops I found I had to approach from quite a distance out, be very stable on the ILS beam, and very low to make sure I picked up the glidescope from below. In fact I found I needed to be at about 1400 ft to lock the glidescope. So, I was wondering if Greg means that he can't pick up the glidescope, or does he not even lock onto the ILS? If this is the problem, I know that many of the payware aircraft (including most PSS ones) pick up the ILS and glidescope very aggressively but the default aircraft can be much more hit and miss (especially if not below glidescope and not tightly on the ILS beam. This may be a complete red herring, but thought I would throw it in. Again, it might be helpful if Greg could explain further what he means by "ILS doesn't come up". Cheers,Warren

Warren

Hi Ray,I think you have nailed it! My addon scenery Files in FS9 contain nofiles at all it has been like that since I bought Fs9 some two year ago. I wonder were these files are stored on the actual disks?By the way I only ever do a complete install of fs9 so they shouldbe there. I will do some searchs with the programs from avsim that you suggested. Well i think the ashes might well be staying here inAustralia . Our boys are out to win this one .As our Rugby Leagueis out to win the tri nation series being played here, England beatus last Saturday night. But I think they will win when they meet again in a fortnight in Brisbane.Any way thanks again for help Ray. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Hi Warren,The ILS wont work at some Airports if you read through the postyou find a short list that I discovered.Any way I am talking about placing the Concorde at a airport runway just to check what ILS are working and what is not.And Warren I am from Sydney Australia Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Hi Greg,Just to clarify the scenery BGLs containing AFCAD info are in ADDON SCENERYSCENERY. I'd be amazed if you didn't have any.I'm not that bothered about Rugby. We're world champs so that will do for me. League vs Union?? Doesn't mean much to this footie fan :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Warren,Feel free to add anything - I'm running out of ideas :-(Valid point about capturing the ILS (as opposed to it becomes alive once you get close enough to the airport). You do need to fly below the glideslope of course and the autopilot will capture it as it moves down towards the centreline.I'm pretty sure Greg knows the difference between capturing it and it becoming alive but it's worth mentioning just to confirm the point.A screenshot showing the problem would also help just so we know what Greg is seeing.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Greg, Yes, I did read your post (several times). I'll try to explain my thoughts again because I still don't fully understand the problem. Since you have said that the problem also occurs with the default Cessna, it is not aircraft related, so I tried to concentrate on the problem using the Cessna just to eliminate one variable (the Concorde). When you say that the "ILS won't work", do you mean that 1. It won't show up on the VOR when tuned to the ILS frequency?2. The aircraft won't turn towards the ILS beam when intercepting the ILS?3. The aircraft won't follow the glidescope?With regard to the AFCAD's, I am not surprised that you don't have any AFCAD files in the Addon Scenery folder. The only AFCAD's in there would belong to Addon Sceneries. Since you have re-installed FS9 twice, I assume you should only have the default airports and default AFCAD's. It is highly unlikely that you have any faults with the default AFCAD's after two re installs.It really looks (to me) like an operational issue, but if you could explain in more detail what you are doing when the problem occurs, and what you see (or don't see), it would be really helpful in trying to help further.Warren

Warren

Hi Warren,I had a senior moment. Of course there won't be any AFCAD BGLs in addon sceneryscenery if Greg has not installed any 3rd party scenery.Greg, Please disregard that statement. As said earlier Concorde can now be removed from the equation since you are also getting "the problem" with the default Cessna.I look forward with interest to your replies to Warren's questions.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,I thought that was the case just thought I would check with you anyway. The Afcad program is just for creating your own Traffic and A1 aircraft I understand. Yeah I am not a big Rugby Union fan either,Rugby League is our main game downunder. As soccer is yours.And yes I still think we will win back the Ashes this summer.Having said that this Ashes series is going to be a good one thanks to the barney army who are over here in big numbers really makesthe cricket. And best of all they are good sports too. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Hi Greg,Actually the AFCAD program is for modifying parking gates, connecting taxiing lines, ILS and other airport-related issues. It isn't used directly for Ai aircraft - rather for adding gates to airports so you can increase the number of Ai.Looking forward to the 1st Test ;-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,I will download AFCAD and have a look at it over the weekendfrom what i read of the program should be worth while, who knowsit might point out my ILS problem or worse tell me they all work fine.Any way will have a look the weekend. By the way Englandplays our Prime Ministers X1 tomorrow, So I will post the resultfor you. And his team will be made up of a mix of one day and Testplayers so it should be a bit of a gauge to what the Test serieswill be like. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Hi Ray,At Last some good news on my ILS problem, this afternoon wasflying the Concorde into JFK and so i thought i would give 31L a try111.35, well as usual the dme1 windows showed nothing at all. But thevor lock light stayed on so I continued on with the flight and to my surprise the land light engaged so I swithed on AP2 and watched theconcorde land at 31L for the first time so I am going to try a few other Airports on my list. And see what happens. I think at lastwe can bring this post to an end. I wish I knew what caused it to happen, I still think the reinstall of Windows XP went a long way to fixing it.Anyway I think its case closed. And by the way betterluck to the English cricket team next time , They got thrashed. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Hi Greg,I'm pleased you seem to have resolved the ILS problem. Let's hope it stays that way at the other airports. Happy flying!I'm hoping England will improve a lot before the first Test next weekend. We want to make a game of it. That game wasn't pretty to watch.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.