Sign in to follow this  
Gregone

What is your favorite Airport to Land at in the Concorde?

Hi Everyone,Was just wondering what is your favorite airport to land the theConcorde at? Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Gor blimey! Are we the only two visiting this site? :-eek I don't have any particular favourites for a landing - I'm just pleased to get her down in one piece. I always land manually unless the visibility is particularly bad.The Canarsie departure out of 31L at JFK is my favourite take-off. I've seen a video that showed Mike Bannister (former chief BA Concorde pilot) flying it in a simulator and he made it look as easy as pie! The reality is somewhat different. Give it a go the next time you're in New York. An absolutely awesome departure as you skirt around the perimeter of Jamaica Bay and out into the Atlantic.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,It would seem that way, anyway now that my ILS problems are solvedi can get on with flying the concorde again,Now some of my favorite approaches are YSSY 16R this is great if you fly down from Brisbane and you have the Sydney scenery from AVSIM .Heathrow 9R Approach coming in after flying over Ireland always looks great. So doesHong Kong and JFK New York. And another of my favorites well severalreally are some of the Virgin Islands this one always looks greatSt Martinque Island a great flight down from Orlando Miami,Anotherone is Honolulu Hawaii.Any of these are Great to fly.Iam alsoplanning a round the world flight in concord. Which will probablystart from Heathrow to Hong Kong then on to Sydney then Honolulothen on to New York and then back to Heathrow. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Hi Greg,A company produced a DVD a few years ago showing a round-the-world trip on Concorde arranged by BA in 1999 where they invited 100 of their best customers. I think those flight plans are around somewhere on Avsim but if you can't find them then give me a shout and I'll send them. I hope to be able to fly those legs one day myself.Yes, Sydney is a nice approach over the harbour and I enjoy my departures out of Hong Kong. Just need more time :-(Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest NormanB

Nope, not the only two :)For me my favourite approach is indeed into Sydney albeit my favourite flight is Heathrow to JFK.

Hi Ray,Yes I believe there are some great coverage of the concorde on DVDwill have to try and get one someday, and there are so many flightplans available on the net as well. Thanks for the offer of thoseRay, Recently I saw this article on the news that the French think the Concorde could be flying again in a few yearshow great would that be!Some people called friends of concorde saythey only have to find a backer with a lot of money and it willhappen, would be great to see it back in the skies again.And yes getting the time to fly some of these legs is a problem no doubtit will probably take me a while to complete my round the worldflight. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Hi Norman,I fly the Brisbane Sydney route a lot in flight sim, I use this totest fly any aircraft I use before taking off and flying the world. I love to take screen shots of some of my approachs and landings and then save them to disk I also pick out some good ones and make into splash screens for FS9 as well,Hey maybe PSS couldlook at running a screen shot competion. And maybe give a way a free download to the winner. And it would be great to see what and wereother people are flying in Flightsim. I hope you continue to post more often in the Concorde forum Norman. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Guest NormanB

The problem is when I am posting I am not working :)I know Steve already runs a Screenshot competition on VATSIM but of course there are no prizes there. At least you do get to see what others are using.

Hi Greg,This is THE definitive DVD on Concorde. The level of detail covered on the twin DVD set has never been matched. The ITVV series are all excellent. Treat yourself at Christmas!http://www.downunderpilotshop.co.nz/ITVV_B..._DVD-p-647.htmlMixed feelings on the French Concorde flying again. It was the decision by the French to withdraw support for servicing it that eventually forced BA to end its services even though the final 12 months were amongst the most popular of its entire career. I would much prefer to see a BA Concorde flying even though it's highly unlikely. G-BOAC parked here at Manchester cannot remain unaffected by the elements forever. I hope they don't allow it to become a rust bucket. That would be tant amount to criminal damage.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray, Will have to put that DVD on my wishlist looks great,Yes well,theFrench seem very keen to get the concorde back in the air that is forsure, According to the news report I watched they say they have the backing of the French Goverment to clear the way and they have had engineers doing checks of the Air France Concorde in Paris and theysay that it would not take long to make it air worthy again.So it will be interesting, but the the bottom line is getting the money tomake it happen.But I do think its a great move because the interestthat would surround it would be huge!And I also think that if Air France was to go ahead with this, I dont think British Airways wouldbe far behind them.Any way back to flying the Concorde in Flight sim9I am about3/4 away through my First Leg Heathrow To Hong Kong, Ihave also made up a web page with some of my screen shots on it will try andupdate it as I finish each leg of my around the world flight.Anywayhave a look at my site and tell me what you think? Cheers Greg Bisset YSSYhttp://members.optusnet.com.au/~mrg/

Hi Norman,Well when you get a chance post. thanks for the info on the screen shot competion. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

"And I also think that if Air France was to go ahead with this, I dont think British Airways would be far behind them."It's got nothing to do with Air France; they sold their fleet to museums and scraped all their spares in 2004. The airline doesn

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

Well Andrew,You certainly are well informed about the Concorde, But I was just going on a news report that i happen to catch on tv, And I guess if money was not an issue. I think thatI am not a lone voice in saying that I would love to see the Concorde fully operationalagain. And that no doubt there would be a very niche market of people who would love to travel on the Concorde.Any way thats just my thoughts on the aircraft. And by many who thought the Concordewas retired ahead of its time. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.