Sign in to follow this  
Guest rennman

civa help

Guest rennman

all of a sudden the red warn light goes on every time i power up the first unit...not any on the others...it doesnt matter which one i power up first..its only that one...the only way i can get it to go out is to turn it off and then back on....when i switch to dsrtk/sts it now says 0'006 95..i think the civa forum is down

Better late than never: I think I can help you there.It seems like the CIVA INS had an expiry feature built in, and it has now expired. However the cure is extremely simple: Power off the failing unit, then on again - problem solved!An update has been promised, but not provided - all too familiar, right?BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest rennman

thaks for your help...this was really driving me crazy!....the fix is not working for me....even after a successfull alignment...the gauge freezes in flight....same red light....not to kill the messenger...but do you know why this gauge was built with a "limited lifespan?"

Hi again,Sorry for the delay, but lately I've been sailing SH3/GWX more than flying :)I don't really know - I can assume the authors did it to ensure that all of their 'customers' would upgrade to the next version... Unfortunately, that next version did not appear, at leat not in time and not yet.The issue has been discussed in some detail in support forums at SSTSIM.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest rennman

you are the first person out of 20 that was able to give me a solid answer!....but of course the next question is....why do they care about me upgrading if everything was perfect!

Yes, why would they?Well, as I'm into software development myself, I know it can be a hassle to keep track of the customer's versions. If the software stops working, you KNOW they will want to get your newest version.On the other hand, that is a rather rude way to do it - except if we're talking BETA software, where it is the rule rather than the exception. In this case however, I have seen nothing to indicate that this is beta software.BRGDS Sven Sorensen, EKCH

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.