Sign in to follow this  

Suggestion to the staff at Avsim.com

Guest groundpounder75

I would just like to make a comment on the trend that I have been noticing with the MS Flight Simulator General Discussion Forum. I think there are too many posts about hardware and computer issues that do not belong in this forum. I feel that lately the majority of the posts in this forum are being targeted towards computer performance or video card issues that are not directly related to Microsoft Flight Simulator. I understand that these posts are related to the performance of MS FS, but there is a separate forum for these kinds of question. I feel that the staff at avsim should redirect or remove these postings until people starting posting them in the correct forum. Let the beatings begin!

hi,Im gonna have to disagree with you on this I think the posts of people asking "whats a good video card for fs2002?" and other similar questions are related to fs2002 and deserve to be posted here, There is a seperate forum for this but the popularity of that forum is simply nothing compared to this, and some people (including me) wouldent want to wait 2 weeks to get a reply.AndrewKRALPS. I know this is often over used but Im gonna use it "If you don't like it nobody is forcing you to click on the thread" :-). In fact I see threads Im not interested in or don't like all the time I just dont click on them or I ignore them. I hope you don't take this as an attack of some sort because I assure you Im not trying to be an ___ or something :-)

Guest groundpounder75

<<"If you don't like it nobody is forcing you to click on the thread">>I agree with your statement and I don't normally don't read those threads. I think that the forum is definitely popular, if not the most popular, but I feel that it is a little misguided.<>I am leaving for flight school in Florida in 3 weeks. I have better things to worry about, trust me.

well, Good luck at flight school then, although hopefully you wont need any ;-).AndrewKRAL

I've stumbled across so many interesting things in this forum it's being belief. Many of these lead to other web pages.I say.... Keep it somewhat open !Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest eko

Well, if we are going to take that attitude, then I won't ever bother to post anything in any of the other forums.Panel question? Here is good. Gauge programming question? Here is good too. How bout a question on how to properly program a macro? Here is good too. It's all related to flight sim, right?Might as well close up any of the other forums that have even a remote reference to MS FS, as all those questions should simply be put in this forum.You see where I am going with this?If it's OK to break/bend the rules for one type of posting, it should be OK to break/bend the rules for all of them.OH, that would include MS FS screenshots too. Here is good for that as well.This is the age old "forum dilemma". Do we have just one forum where everybody traffics, or do we split it up into different subject areas? I think the answer to how AVSIM wants it is clearly seen by the number of different MS FS related forums which exist on their board. If we want that changed (i.e. less topic independant forums) we should change it for all of them... not just hardware topics.Until then, hardware questions should go in the appropriate forum, and this one isn't it.

Guest allblack

Arthur, Agreed. Whilst those tech-head questions are somewhat relevant, and even possibly interesting, let's find another home for them.Now, if we could just get rid of those @#$% banners at the bottom of some posts.....Allblack

Guest eko

Hey, you messin' with my dog? :-) :-) :-)

Guest allblack

Down boy!Maybe I should elaborate...the ones I wonder if we need are the huge jobbies that seem to take up half the post.Individualism is great, throwing pictures 8" by 8" is just longing for attention!Oh boy...bring 'em on!Allblack

Guest PaulL01

>I would just like to make a comment on the trend that I have >been noticing with the MS Flight Simulator General >Discussion Forum. I think there are too many posts about >hardware and computer issues that do not belong in this >forum. I feel that lately the majority of the posts in this >forum are being targeted towards computer performance or >video card issues that are not directly related to Microsoft >Flight Simulator. I understand that these posts are related >to the performance of MS FS, but there is a separate forum >for these kinds of question. I feel that the staff at avsim >should redirect or remove these postings until people >starting posting them in the correct forum. Let the >beatings begin! For some of us, this has been home for what 6 or 7 years now, hey Tom do we get a gold watch or something when we hit 10?Anyway, for someone like yourself to come in here spouting off about how what has been working fine since the founding of the Avsim forum nation is now wrong and this needs to be fixed, And Ban those folks from speaking of the word "hardware" and ...well for a guy who has been here for almost what 26 weeks? Well it almost comes across as a little Naive don't you think? You understand what I'm saying? Now don

emoticons....I mean after all....shouldn't there be a seperate category for that? :-))

Whats all this I hear about VIOLINS on television? What could possibly be bad about having violins on television?E.L.

Guest PaulL01

>Whats all this I hear about VIOLINS on television? What >could possibly be bad about having violins on television? >>E.L. Well Bob, perhaps you need to really open your eye.Here, le me help you...http://www.frontiernet.net/~pleatzaw/images/Eyes.gifthere.. here, and everywhere...If you really start to take note (no flats or sharps) you will see that Violins has reached very high levels infact, Jimmy page was seen bowing a Gibson LesPaul 56 addition at very high levels and Hrtz a lot of people that listen to close to stage.Fact, if somthing isn't done about the Violins on TV there is no Ope!Ope is gone! I asked Andy and he ain't seen Ope, Gomer and aunte B anin't seen eem, Ope is gone! there is no OPe!