Sign in to follow this  
Guest zannu

Descend and outing from supersonic cruise

Guest zannu

I everybody I have a problem when i'm in supersonic cruise everythings going fine but when put 350kt in autothrottle zone and press IAS ACQ button and engage autothrottle (for exit from supersonic flight about 400nm from arrival)the speed decrese but the autothrottle don't take the 350kt and the speed go below and the plane take a 20-30

Hi Dani,Rather than slow down and descend the way you're doing it now try doing this (based on the British Airways Concorde DVD produced by ITVV)...At the end of supersonic cruise (215 miles from your destination and at FL530-FL590) you should start your descent. Switch to IAS ACQ and slow to 350kts but don't start down yet. When you have achieved 350kts start your descent at 3,500fpm until FL150 where you should reduce the descent to 3000fpm and reduce speed to 325kts.Respect the 250kt speed limit once below FL100 / 10,000ft. Reduce speed to 230kts on the downwind leg reducing to 190kts on base. Finally on final approach reduce to 160kts for the landing.Use the V/S control together with IAS ACQ and everything should be fine.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest James French

Hello Dani, My plane will also stall if the speed goes below 350-300 knots when exiting supersonic filght. The air is so thin at that altitude that the plane will always stall if it is going too slow. So I always have to get that autothrottle to keep up the speed at 300 to 350 until I at least get into the FL 400's or so. Not sure why yours won't stop at 350. Could it be something simply like using Autothrottle 2 instead of Autothrottle 1? Just a thought. Jim

Guest zannu

Tanks Ray and jim I try your suggestions but this a ultimate problem because I never have this before I'm try tanks

Guest zannu

I'm try but nothing But now I have an other problem because when start the climb from 26000 ft and press max. climb once I reach the 58000 ft max cruise don't engage any ideas?

Hi Zannu,If you're getting additional problems, and I assume you're familiar with how to fly Concorde, I suggest you deinstall and reinstall the product.If you've only just started flying it then try the tutorials again.Then try a flight and see if it solves things.One other thing... this is using FS9 isn't it? You do know Concorde isn't yet compatible with FSX.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest zannu

I know that I have fs9 I install the 1.1 patch maybe this create problem, I have cd version I try to reinstall

Okay, I'm only asking. Sometimes people can try the unexpected ;-)I doubt the 1.1 patch has created the problem but hopefully a reinstall will fix things for you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest James French

Hello Ray, In reading your responses to Dani you mention a DVD from ITVV? Is there a web site for that? Thanks, Jim French

Hi Jim,Here is the official ITVV site http://www.itvv.co.uk/baconcordedvd.aspIt's a fantastic 3 hour program the like of which we'll sadly never see again.:-( Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest James French

Ray, Thanks very much! Jim

You reduce speed to 350 KIAS by reducing the thrust manually, not by using AIS aquire. The instructions are in the checklist.When you reach 350 KIAS you point the nose down to maintain 350 KIASby pitch angle. All this should be done without autothrottle...or at least that what I remember from the manual.

Peter Schluter

Guest Bernie Rottweiler

Hi,When you want to begin your descent, then first have a look in the checklist (deceleration and descent)Steps are following:1.) Test warning lights (the ones over the ADI)2. Set your desired (subsonic) altitude in the altitude field (for example 33000 ft, but don't push the prime button). Engage ALT HOLD (in real life then push autothrottle deactivation button)3. Reduce throttle to 18 degrees (when opening throttle quadrant bitmap you can clearly see a scale with degrees on.)4. switch on the recirculation valves (Engineers Panel) so that fuel is pumped through the fuselage, cooling it, while fuel flow is reduced due to throttle lowering.5. When 350 knots IAS are reached you push the prime button aside the selected 33000 ft, then a slight descent begins. Switch on the IAS HOLD (right side one of AFCS). This is a vertical mode which fixes the airspeed to 350 knots IAS and because the Throttle levers are reduced to 18 degrees the aircraft has to descend to maintain 350 knots - understand?6. The aircraft is descending and speed is reduced, now have a look at the MACH number. If MACH is at 1.5, then reduce throttle to 32 degrees.7. When the MACH number is below MACH 1, then you can lower the throttles to idle.8. Under MACH 1 select Press Static Heaters on, Transparency deice demist to on and wing/intake anti-ice to on if needed.(as engine anti-ice)9. BEWARE - as you reach the selected altitude the aircraft will capture it and level off. Your throttle is still at flight idle, so you will observe the red blinking AT light to warn you.To avoid this you should prior arm one (left) autothrottle, so that when the aircraft levels off at the selected altitude, it automatically engages IAS HOLD (left side) and 350 KIAS are being hold.Conclusion: Always use Checklists for flying CONCORDE.Best Regards,Bernie

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.