Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix_7

Dash 8 black screen

Any chance that I could convince you to send it again Rick? I use my work email for Avsim and IT blocks certain attachments. Try the following if you would...cva3906 (at) hotmail dot com(feeble attempt to throw junk mail harvestors off the scent):) thanks again

Hi,The problem seems like the one I also described in this thread. If you could send the gauge to me too I'll test it.RegardsReinhardmailto:r.brantner@gmx.at

If you are having no problems John, is there any chance you can find someplace to host a copy of your gauge file and send me a link? I find it interesting that others can faithfully recreate the problem, yet it works fine on your system. Is it possible with your inside connections, that your gauge file is a little different? I just purchased the Dash about a month and a half ago. I'm finding it a little unsettling that I can't use it's full functions already.Have you tried a fresh install using the version that is available online currently? Just wondering if there was an old copy floating around that may have mistakenly been backed up to the site.Any help here would be nice. Rick's solution of using the old copy will only let you enter the data without a crash. The aircraft won't fly the loaded flight plan.:-zhelp :-zhelp :-zhelp

@Rick: It seems you found the source of all the troubles. I just tested my route with the old gauge file and everything was fine with the same navdata. No errors at all creating my flightplan. Thx very much for your detective work !@John: PLEASE think about it and investigate in the research, what had been changed for the new version concerning the FMC. It is definitely that with the old file it is possible to enter the flightplan without crashing the system. Hope to hear from you about the solution.RegardsReinhard

Have we made any progress trying to isolate this problem? I just purchased this fine aircraft two months ago and I would like to think that it is still being supported. Thanks for any info.

So, where do we stand on this issue? Can we expect any further investigation on PSS's part? Hello...?I sent an email to support a few weeks back. Received nothing but an auto response that it had been received. I realise that things are busy with the Concorde release, but I would like to have a product that doesn't crash my sim folks.x(

Guest Phoenix_7

I am using the same gauge as you which is installed by the base pack installerWe cannot duplicate this error in FS9, which makes it hard to possibly fixJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Well, I don't know what more I can tell you John. I started to think that perhaps it was an obscure problem that my system setup was causing. Therefore, I dug out my old computer, an AMD1800XP, XP Home, 512M PC2700DDR, Ti4200 128M video on an MSI motherboard.I cranked it up and ran the installer, updated the Navdata, setup a default flight and tried to recreate the fault on this system.It wasn't even close to the same results...it was EXACT!! Right down to the exact same mouse click. I can personally testify that this problem exists and can be recreated at will on the two systems that I have at my disposal.Others in this thread have also been successful in recreating this fault as well. My next question is what is so special about your system that this does not happen to you? I can get around this fault so far by not using the full functionality of the fms. But the problem does exist and both it and I await a solution to this.Thank you,

Guest John_Redmond

OK, Its just started happening to me!I've been using the Dash 8 Q300 for a long time now with no problems what so ever, and the last flight was last Sunday. That situation was saved as the default flight (as always).So I'm at stand 51 EGCC, UK2000 scenery, FS9.1, all's well until I as I enter the route, RW24R, WAL sid, L975 to LIFFY, which takes me to entry no. 21, which I need to enter airway W10 (no3 in the list) as soon as I hit the 3 key, black screen! EVERY time, I've tried 6 times and every time same thing, same place! I've tried changing the Dash 8 gauge, from my archive (3rd feb 2004) but still the same black screen.Help PLEASE!!John RedmondSystem Information------------------Time of this report: 12/11/2004, 18:15:17 Machine name: JOHNSPC Operating System: Windows XP Professional Language: English (Regional Setting: English)System Manufacturer: n/a System Model: n/a BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.0 Processor: AMD Athlon XP 2500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.9GHz Memory: 512MB RAM Page File: 233MB used, 1017MB available Windows Dir: C:WINDOWS DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)DX Setup Parameters: Not found DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0902 32bit Unicode

Guest John_Redmond

Hello PSSAfter yesterdays problem, I upgraded to Direct X 9c, and reinstalled the Dash8 from 'my files', I deleted the AIRAC (nav data folder in PSS) and reinstalled that. After all that, exactlly the same fault on that route, line 21, airway W10 (selection no. 3) black screen!So I tried another tack, I entered the route with a pre-writen flight plan (.route file), the FMC loaded it without a glitch!I've now done two online flights using this method, no problems anywere. However, my little trip ended up at the start point (stand 51 EGCC) and when entering manually, black screen, same as before. I have took a Quicktime movie with my digicam of this happening if its any use, just let me know and I'll mail it to you. John Redmond

Hi,Anything found according to this yet existing problem ?RegardsReinhard>@Rick: It seems you found the source of all the troubles. I>just tested my route with the old gauge file and everything>was fine with the same navdata. No errors at all creating my>flightplan. Thx very much for your detective work !>>@John: PLEASE think about it and investigate in the research,>what had been changed for the new version concerning the FMC.>It is definitely that with the old file it is possible to>enter the flightplan without crashing the system. Hope to hear>from you about the solution.>>Regards>Reinhard

I'm using FS2002 with the dash eight and have several such crashes as listed in this thread. It appears to be releated to the "list" key as mentioned above. Was this problem fixed in FS2002? And if so, can someone tell me what version my PSS-Dash8.gau, and PSS-Dash8Q.gau should be for FS2002?I have the following:PSS-Dash8.gau Version: 1.0.0.1 modified at: April 22, 2003, 13:18:48PSS-Dash8Q.gau Version 1.0.0.1 modified at April 22, 2003, 13:18:48Should I have a different gauge version/date stamp then those listed above for FS2002?Thanks..

Hi,I use Dash8 under FS9 (not FS9.1) and everytimes I want to enter a waypoint in the FMS, I 've a black screen followed by the classic error message of microsoft telling me that the pss.dasg8.gau have a probl

Hi, I was one of the previous posters of this problem and it seemed to go away for me. The only thing that I can attribute to a possible cause was updating my Airacs. It is possible that a corrupt data point in the Airacs could cause the crash when you try to access the bad data.I'd go here and download the newest Navdata...http://www.navdata.at/Give that a go and I hope it helps.

Thanks Chuck for the very quick replay....What I just did was un-install my Dash 8 and just did a re-install from PSS. The gauge files are now version 1.0.0.1 and have a modify date of: February 3, 2004, 17:50:26. Also during the install, it said the latest navdata would be downloaded, which it was. I'll now give this a try and see what happens. Thanks...

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.