Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix_7

Dash 8 black screen

Hi 3Green,I am using the Dash 8 in FS2002 as well and am just starting to play with the FMC. I am using the latest AIRAC from NAVDATA and my gauge files are 1.0.0.1 with a date of Feb. 3rd 2004.I still get a CTD when I use the LIST button. In the flight plan I was entering, it was always the second time I used LIST.

Jason C CYYJ

Prepar3D v5.0 | i9-10900K 5.0 GHz (OC) | Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm Rad | MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200MHz (OC) | GIGABYTE Z490 Aorus Ultra | XPG GAMMIX S11 PRO 2TB NVMe SSD | Corsair RM850i 850W PS | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Dell 27 inch G-Sync 144Hz Gaming Monitor

Guest rcloney

I have found the same problem. It is only when I am entering a VOR , followed by a Airway, ie CYEG [enter]YEG [emter]LIST - then "3" for correct airwayto ( enter YXE)then LIST ...........that is when the crash happens.

Guest harbosma

I have the exact same problem as described in this thread, with the list-function.First, my system:P4 1.88 MHz1280 MB SDRAMGeForce FX 5700 128 MBWindows XP HomeWhen I have started FS9, I select the Dash 8-Q300 Intersky (doesn't matter though what version (Q or no Q) i use). I start at Schiphol B94.I do the pre-start checks according to the checklists/tutorials. Then I open the FMS and enter the following flightplan (EHAM-LOWK):ARNEM UL603 OBEDI UL172 VIW1 EHAM enter/accept2 menu depart 36L/PAM1V2 ARNEM enter/accept3 list airway UL603 enter OBEDI enter4 list airway UL172 enter.... !CRASH! (>:-X)I would like to let you know the problem is still around. I hope that PSS will try to take more effort again to work on this.This forum is my only hope in trying to get the problem fixed...

Hi,It seems, that you won't get a fix for that problem. PSS has no plans to do this and I even think they don't have the source code or programmer to do it. I read something in this direction in another discussion. So the only way to circumvent this problem is to enter waypoint per waypoint.I always enter each waypoint without using the airway function. By using this method and by avoiding the list function I don't have CTDs. It's more work but after flying some routes you have most of them stored as flightplan and you are able to load these routes.You also should take care when using the RAD/NAV page as using this page also has produced some CTDs in my configuration. I tune radios by using the instrument panel only.By using these techniques I can fly with the Dash without problems. Of course I am angry too as I paid for this product without the knowledge, that they don't improve it anymore.RgdsReinhard

Guest Crimson12

I have a similar problem with the FMS. I have set the default flight as described. When I enter the following flight plan (LOWG to EGSS): GRZ UL604 PABSA UL610 BATTY UL608 SUMUM UY6 IDESI ABBOT1CRegardsCrimson_____dossier surendettement

Hi,Never use the List function with airways. Enter all the waypoints manually and you never will get a CTD.RgdsReinhard

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.