Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix_7

Dash 8 black screen

not better... always the black screen... :-(I'm upset...Thanks again.

tried everything you said to do... still no joy... very upset :-mad need to be compensate for

Guest Phoenix_7

if you've tried these things and it doesn't workdeleting FS9.cfgre-installing FSUIPCre-installing the Dash 8then I cannot think of anything else to suggestrequests for a refund must be sent to PSS SupportJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.41 by Pete Dowson *********Running inside FS2004(original release)User Name="Thomas GAUDY"User Addr="thomas.a@free.fr"FSUIPC Key is providedWIDEFS not user registered, or expiredModule base=61000000ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5EWeatherOptions(Orig)=4000370D[4000370D]InitDelay: 0 secondsWeatherReadInterval=4LogOptions=00000001DebugStatus=15 113859 System time = 16:11:50 113859 e:FS2004 113875 System time = 16:11:50, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z) 196875 FLIGHTSOTHERFLTSIM.flt 197062 AIRCRAFTc172Cessna172SP.air 197906 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP" 230984 Module "ActiveRadar.dll" access registration is okay 230984 Module "PMDGOptions.DLL" access registration is okayHoping it will help you...Regards

Hello All, My first post here at PSS, I just wish it was more favourable. I have been trying to get from Cleveland KCLE to Toronto CYYZ with the DHC8-300, but having no success. I did a search and I see that this problem has been a round for awhile, but figured maybe I could give a blow by blow that might help pin it down.First up, system stats.P4 3.0E (Hyperthreading Disabled)1024 PC 3200 DDR2-80G Sata Drives Raid 0Asus P4E DeluxeATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256Win XP Pro SP2FS9.1Flight in questionKCLE Fails V443 SUUUE DOGGS YXU V98 YWT V98 YYZHeres the blow by blow, step by step,Start FS9.1Default flight Default Cessna Parked at Gate 5 I believe at KCLE Select DHC 8-300 (Phoenix) Fly Now Shift/7 overhead Battery Master Main Batt Aux Batt Gen1 Gen2 APU Power Start Gen On Seat Belt on No Smoking on Emerg Lights armed Pitot Heat 1&2 on Shift/7 to main Clear warning Clear Caution Shift/6 FMS Accept INIT Fuel PAX 50 Cargo 1990 Alternate 300 Hold 500 Extra 500 FPL KCLE Enter Accept FAILS Enter Accept List Air 3(V443) Enter 5 (SUUUE) Enter DOGGS Enter Accept YXU Enter Accept List Next/Next/Next 4 Enter 11 enter List .........CTD!!!Love the Dash 8, hate the CTDs. Hopefully we can get a handle on this soon.Many thanks

Guest Phoenix_7

the problem with this type of random error is it's hard to duplicateI just tried the exact plan as you detailed and received no errorsare you using the original installed navdata??John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Actually, I just checked and I am using an older AIRAC. I will update it and get back to you. Also, I am using FSUIPC 3.411.

Alrighty, updated the NavData to the most current and no change. Crashes at the exact same spot as before. Hmmm....very interesting!

This may be a bit out in left field so bear with me. I suspect that this FMC crash is an old issue that was present when the Dash 8 was released for FS 2002, then fixed in an update sometime later. Then, when the update for FS 2004 was released, I recall seeing this issue resurface. Is it possible that the original gauge file with the FMC flaw was used for the FS 2004 update instead of the fixed gauge?To test this theory, I dug out the patched gauge file and used ONLY the FMC from it. I entered Chuck's flight plan without problem. Then I repeated the flight plan entry using the FMC from the gauge file supplied with the FS 2004 update and saw the same CTD that Chuck and others have reported here. The crash occurred at the point that LIST is selected when the flight plan entry point was at the beginning of page 3. This, as I vaguely recall, was the way that the FMC crashed when the Dash 8 was originally released.John, are you perhaps using something other than the gauge released for FS 2004?After all this, it is also quite possible that something else is really causing the CTD but I have had good results using the FMC from the patched gauge file instead of the one from the file released with the FS 2004 update.Regards,Rick

That's awesome news Rick and good detective work! Any idea where a fella can get his mitts on this gauge file?

>This may be a bit out in left field so bear with me. I>suspect that this FMC crash is an old issue that was present>when the Dash 8 was released for FS 2002, then fixed in an>update sometime later. Then, when the update for FS 2004 was>released, I recall seeing this issue resurface. Is it>possible that the original gauge file with the FMC flaw was>used for the FS 2004 update instead of the fixed gauge?>>To test this theory, I dug out the patched gauge file and used>ONLY the FMC from it. I entered Chuck's flight plan without>problem. Then I repeated the flight plan entry using the FMC>from the gauge file supplied with the FS 2004 update and saw>the same CTD that Chuck and others have reported here. TheRicky; You, sir, are a steeley-eyed missile man! I dug out the DVD archive of my old FS2002 installation, copied the old Dec 2002 version of the PSS-Dash8.gau file (renamed to PSS-Dash8-2002.gau) into my FS2004gauges directory, and changed the panel.cfg file entry for the FMS. Worked perfectly...first time, every time. With the current .gau file it crashes consistently. Nice catch. Therein lies the basis for a patch.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Yea, I didn't really think this would be simple, John!! If I check the Properties of the files I have, my FS9 PSS-Dash8.gau file has a modified date of Feb. 3, 2004. The older one I have was modified April 23, 2003. Both files have identical sizes but the contents differ in several places as would be expected because of the updates for FS9.Chuck: check your email.Regards,Rick

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.