Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agrajag

Dash 8 Push Back supported?

Guest Agrajag

I own the Dash 8 300 and love it. I think it's one of the best add-on's I've picked up (thanks) but have trouble figuring out Push Back and if it's supposed to be supported.I generally start out at Gate F30 at KPHL (Philly) which puts me directly 180 degress from the direction I need to be in to get to the normal express runway (RWY 8). Anyway, I figured that if I brought the throttle to full reverse (I own FSUIPC and the CH Products Yoke with Throttle controls, and soon the throttle quadrant) that I'd be able to actually simulate a real, natural reverse. The first time I tried it, the plane jumped to life and rolled backwards and I thought, "Fantastic!"However, since that experience, subsequent attempts to repeat this have been hit and miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes the plane sits there like a lump, sometimes it crawls backwards at a snails pace.What is the situation here? Is this plane supposed to be able to reverse and, if so, is it fully simulated here and, if so, how???

Guest Niels_C

Hi there,At least in FS2002, the default "procedure" to push back was (is)Shift+P. Shift+P again to stop pushback. Sometimes though, when I haveused various views (internal and external), FS crashes. Great.

Guest Agrajag

I know about SHIFT-P but wanted to know if turbo-props supported this manually or if they reversed some other way. I much prefer to do this the long way than the shortcut way.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.